Skid plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im Looking for skid plate ideas, must be able to be used with diffdrop and preferably alloy, wat options do you us guys have over there.

All of them can work with diff drops. You'll just need to run ~5/8" spacers if it is a high clearance model. You'll need to make sure your diff drop or the skid company includes the spacers. I know Bud Built does if you request them. But they only do steel. Your options are several. Ricochet, RCI, Rocksteady, All pro, ARB.
Picture attached is how close the skid is close to touching with 5/8" spacers to BudBuilt. I had RCI before and they were similar.

20190710_191141-01.jpeg

So found out this morning purefj can ship the rci plates to australia so its currently a descision between there alloy sumo/engine gaurd and this set

Pros and cons are they are the same price once i add shipping and exchange rate but the bushskinz comes with the transmission gaurd.

The rci is diffdrop compatible but looking at the bushskinz im not sure it would be with those spacers already there

I can also put the bushskinz through my zipmoney account and pay it off at a set amount weekly

So what did you get? If you don't do intense rock crawling, aluminum skid plates are a nice choice.

There was a glitch on the website for the one i want, its a steel skeleton with 5mm alloy plate and weighs 18kg, diffdrop compatible and due to its design you only lose 5mm clearance with diffdrop fitted.

Once my headers are done ill look into getting it.

I have Bud Builts under my FJC and am very happy with them. They have taken some use and protected everything well.

Im Looking for skid plate ideas, must be able to be used with diffdrop and preferably alloy, wat options do you us guys have over there.

Made my own, incorporating a new cross member, after doing the "tummy tuck".

IMG_0293.jpg

I did use a Demello steel front piece, from the bottom of the bumper to under the front diff. My new bits attach to the rear of that.

Hear in australia, welding, cutting or drilling anything on the chassis is completely illegal unless you have it engineered but then again so is my lift and exhaust

If the diffdrop spacers for the bash plates are only 5/8th your not really losing 1 inch of clearance, only 5/8thh right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom