Silent Armor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at throwing a set of Silent Armors on my 07 Taco. It sees a little trail use, but I mostly use the Cruiser for that. My question is, what's your opinions on wear, traction, and puncture resistance on this tire. Most of the reviews look good, but I'd like your opinions also. Thanks.

They should suit your needs just fine. I have no experience with them, but have noticed them on other trucks/suvs from the factory. It's a mild a/t, so don't expect a great deal. And goodyear is very proud of their products.

A co-worker recently went with cooper discoverer atr after his silents wore out. In a LT version with at least a C load rating, you should be fine regarding punctures (off trail).

Now, if you really want my opinion... how bout some Maaxis bighorns, or discoverer stt's, or... sorry I'm done.

Looking at throwing a set of Silent Armors on my 07 Taco. It sees a little trail use, but I mostly use the Cruiser for that. My question is, what's your opinions on wear, traction, and puncture resistance on this tire. Most of the reviews look good, but I'd like your opinions also. Thanks.

I have a set on my 4runner. They really came through on a blizzard outside
Laramie. I was amazed at the traction I had when almost everbody else
was going off the road. I rarely wheel the 4runner but I did take it up in the
high Sierras on some semi-tough trails and the tires along with the 4Wd and
locker did great. Perfect for my needs being that this is my DD.

We had a customer drive up to Dallas from Florida to have his truck outfitted. He asked me to get these tires for him, I was pretty impressed with them. The tires are super quiet and track well. The tread design looks to be a solid contender for an A/T tire. He is off to moab for a few months so I have not had any feedback from him yet, he should be coming through Dallas again in June with a full report...

Jacque

Thanks for imput guys. I really appreciate it.

There's a guy running them on his 2005 that spoke very highly of them. If you spend time on TTORA or TN, he's Pb or Pb2themax and he's got a very nicely customized Tacoma.

My opinion is also to get an LT rated tire, not a P rated tire. They are stronger and the tread depth for a P rated AT may be 13/32 vs. 17/32 for the comparable LT tire.

got the 235/85 16's Pro-grade on my 70. Offroad capabilities so far are great as far as at's go. Definitely on par with BFG AT's. Winter has been good with them, but I find I need to drop the pressure below 30psi to get good traction when its icy. Great snow traction. Since I got them my city use of 4wd has gone down considerably. Rain traction is great, especially since I used to veer off every time I hit water with my old Yoko's. Typical AT noise. I run them at about 35-42psi summer (a little bouncy) and about 26psi winter.

mk

I finally got these things mounted. I went with 265/70/16s in a 10 ply LT. They are smooth as glass on the road and actually make my in cab noise quieter when hitting bumps. When I'm in rough terrain they make impacts sound much more muffled than other tires I've run. Traction seems good and they look great.

The Kevlar must make them a little heavy though, truck seems very slightly slower in acceleration, but barely noticable. Transmission seems to want to grab gears on climbs more often than before. Over all, I'm happy, they seem to be great tires. Thanks for all the input! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom