Side mirror housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp, so I was unloading my kayak from the roof rack this morning and I bonked the side mirror, cracking the arm that connects it to the door. The housing needs to be replaced. Looks like they are sold individually, unpainted with a black base. Instead of trying to buy one and paint it, I'm considering buying a pair and just having two black side mirrors. Has anyone done something similar? The pre-painted mirrors are like 6x the price. I do have some rattle cans with ash blue mica paint in it, but I'm not sure how it would turn out to attempt to paint it.

A deer ran into my passenger side mirror and broke it off. Found same color unit on E-Bay for less than new replacement. Not a bad color match for a 16 year old car.

You can buy them new, already color matched from Toyota/Lexus. Broke my passenger side, got a new one, perfect color match on a 17 year old truck.

You can buy them new, already color matched from Toyota/Lexus. Broke my passenger side, got a new one, perfect color match on a 17 year old truck.
I was tempted by this to save the trouble of painting, but I ended up buying one unpainted one instead to start. $60 plus $25 for paint vs $298.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom