side body decal/sticker removal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota calls them "stripes" and they show up on US Toyota part sites... not sure if they are actually available. Surendra, I realize you're not in the US either. Check with your closest Toyota dealer.

Figure about US$800-1400 for the set.

stripes.jpg

Toyota calls them "stripes" and they show up on US Toyota part sites... not sure if they are actually available. Surendra, I realize you're not in the US either. Check with your closest Toyota dealer.

Figure about US$800-1400 for the set.

None of these part numbers are "live" for the US market.

Thanks, beno!

Here's an update on that 3M stripe off tool. I used it yesterday to remove the pinstriping on my 99. I don't know if the 14 year old paint job is a factor, but there IS a risk of damaging the paint job even at low RPMs. The tool recommends 2000 RPMs plus or minus 200. At a far lower speed than this, I managed to burn off a narrow strip of the clear coat. There is still paint there, but the gloss is gone. I ended up adjusting my drill down to a very low speed, and then finished the job.

The 3M tool really does a super job on pinstripes if you work at low RPMs and are careful, but I think it would be pretty time consuming/challenging to get off a much wider decal with it without damaging the paint job. I would try a combination of heat and adhesive remover first, and then move to the stripe off tool if needed.

I will say one thing: damn, that truck looks so much better with the pinstriping gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom