Shower/Privy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I broke down and ordered a nice PortaPotty for the Mrs. and am wondering if anyone has one of the portable shower enclosures/ privy's they want to part with. Let me know, thanks.

So I broke down and ordered a nice PortaPotty for the Mrs. and am wondering if anyone has one of the portable shower enclosures/ privy's they want to part with. Let me know, thanks.

I've got an Outback popup spring type I'll give you. So rarely use it that it gathers dust. Pops up very easily. Getting it back to the circle to put away is a PITA without some practice!

Brentbba said:
I've got an Outback popup spring type I'll give you. So rarely use it that it gathers dust. Pops up very easily. Getting it back to the circle to put away is a PITA without some practice!

Wow Brent that would be great. I am heading back up to Boulder Basin the 6th through the 9th of September and I have two excellent sites reserved if you want to come up for the whole time or just a night or two . How about lunch tomorrow on me, maybe today?

Last edited:
Wow Brent that would be great. I am heading back up to Boulder Basin the 6th through the 9th of September and I have two excellent sites reserved if you want to come up for the whole time or just a night or two . How about lunch tomorrow on me, maybe today?

Tomorrow sounds good and I can bring it up. Call me any time this afternoon - on a conference call the rest of this morning.

Brentbba said:
Tomorrow sounds good and I can bring it up. Call me any time this afternoon - on a conference call the rest of this morning.

Sounds good, thanks.

Outback Privy / Idyllwild Camping

Thanks Brent! My wife was loving the Outback Shower/Privy, the new Porta Potty and Coleman Hotwater heater with shower. I added the recirculating hose and bypass valve, a couple of feet to the length of the shower hose and the system works flawlessly. Also have the fold up process of the privy down.
Outback Privy 2.jpg

Bobcat. Look very carefully at the photo it's head matches the granite coloring. He was very calm and gave me a good opportunity to take a few pics with my phone. Samsung Galaxy. He is on the far left middle of the photo.
Bobcat.jpg

Gibson loving the cool granite
Gibson.jpg

Outback Privy 2.jpg

Bobcat.jpg

Gibson.jpg

Last edited:
Glad it all worked out for all three of us Scott!!

so... this privy looks awesome but seems to be sold out/not made anymore. Are there any others that compare? My friend had one last season that used sectioned poles and seemed a pain to put up. (it blew away in a desert wind storm never to be seen again.)

Mike-

Apparently the Outback model was too difficult for the average camper to fold up and store. Honestly the directions are terrible but one view of a youtube video and it was easy. Too bad because it's a great product.

All the others I have seen are setup like a standard tent with sectional poles and such. This baby can literally be setup in 20 seconds, a couple of minutes using the tie downs.

Keep looking.

Scott

I don't think it's around anymore. I personally HATED folding the damn thing up...even knowing how! Up is a piece of cake. Unless staked down, this, like any other pop up privy will blow away in a desert wind storm!

I don't think it's around anymore. I personally HATED folding the damn thing up...even knowing how! Up is a piece of cake. Unless staked down, this, like any other pop up privy will blow away in a desert wind storm!

Practice makes perfect Brent. Kim watched the video with me and did it in one try... :p

I added some additional tie downs and the Outback comes with 3 bags that can be filled with sand or rocks and has corresponding pockets that you insert sand bags.

We got some 20--25 mph gusts on Saturday and I had no issues.

All and all it's worth the hassle for the wife and guests but when I'm solo or with the kids this thing will never get set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom