Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what the specs are on the factory shock including full compression eye to eye and full extension eye to eye? I need them for the rear shocks as mine are toast and I need to buy something local and dont want any mistakes like Ive run into in the past. Thanks and appreciate your help.

Finally did my tune up today.

Ive been meaning to do this but kept putting it off. Must be getting old or something... anyway I never did my normal tune-up and upgrades on new a new cruiser I just brought home. Its been running rather bad. Died on my yesterday so I felt it was time to do it. Only three of my valves needed to be adjusted. Rest were on the ball. I replaced the rotor and cap and the plugwires with bosch... 16 bucks. I didnt have enough cash to get plugs... so I cleaned and gapped the autolite double platinums that came with the rig... those are getting replaced with ND's after I get paid. The points looked brand spankin new. Zero pitting... when I checked the dwell at the beginning of my tune-up they were set at dam near 50 degrees. Gapped them to spec. Replaced some rotten vacuum line and put in a brand new PCV valve. Runs and drives much better now. idle was at 650rpm and will need to check the timing as soon as I find my light. But it already is a noticable different. Next comes a new Coil and a few other goodies... I flat broke now and this is my only means of getting to school..... I cant afford to mis another day.

I just took my stock rear shocks off and tossed them into the trash at work (I finally got around to installing my doestch techs). If they haven't already been hauled off, I'll yank one and take some measurements for you. It'll be tomorrow or so (6-14) before I can get back to ya...

that works. thanks for doing this. i live at the university and they get kinda pissed if we work on our rigs.

just a FYI, OME does make a shock for a Pig.....its not easy to find the part #'s but they are listed in the OME books or call ARB for info.

thanks... already knew about the ome shocks for the stock pig. i still need to get specs for the stock shocks........ i live in the college dorms and they dont allow us to work on our rigs....

Dragonfly, I'm really sorry, but someone emptied the garbage before I could get my shock out and measure it for you... No specs from me...

Thanks for trying.... next weekend I might go ahead and pull one off. My hands hurt to much to do it this weekend. I have arthitis which is bothering me. One of my knees is all buggered up and stiff too.

Well today I went ahead and measured one of the shocks on my pig. I was working on the pig at a local parts store. Fully compressed the shocks on the rear were 14 inches eye to eye. The Old Man Emu comfort shocks I have compressed to 13 inches. So I think I'll be fine. If time allows I going to see if I can piss off the school and install them in the parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom