Shark fin antenna replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So on the 2011 570 we recently purchased we noticed that the shark fin was MIA (just the cover, the black seal and what not is still in place). I was putting it off but after a rain storm we noticed a funky smell and some water staining on the headliner so this project just got fast tracked.

Ordered the complete replacement but wondering about install. I’m assuming I’ll need to drop the rest of the headliner. Has anyone had to do this or a thread with more info on how to fix this?

Not sure about a 2011 570, but in general if you have the carded-suede, formed headliner, it is held in/up with the same interior panel buttons that the side panels are secured with. To make life easier, I would remove the rear side panels too as the roof panel is likely captive by them. Hopefully the antenna lead drops to the floor via the C or D pillar in the back so you will only have to pull down the rear-most potion of the headliner. Also would be surprised if there was not a quick connect near the fin to attach the replacement one to versus chasing the entire lead to the HU.

Not sure about a 2011 570, but in general if you have the carded-suede, formed headliner, it is held in/up with the same interior panel buttons that the side panels are secured with. To make life easier, I would remove the rear side panels too as the roof panel is likely captive by them. Hopefully the antenna lead drops to the floor via the C or D pillar in the back so you will only have to pull down the rear-most potion of the headliner. Also would be surprised if there was not a quick connect near the fin to attach the replacement one to versus chasing the entire lead to the HU.
I was figuring there would be a connector on the fin but I would have to pull the side panels and rear hatch panel inorder to drop the headliner enough to get it installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom