1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shackles

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Stroker, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Stroker

Stroker

I have a 75 fj and I'm in the process of installing the 4" Skyjacker lift and I notice on the front end of the rig the shackles are mounted to the rear of the springs. Don't the shackles typically go on the forward end of the springs? Looking at the posted pictures of other folks rigs I see it both ways but mostly with the shackles forward. Does it matter?

2. The Dude

The Dude

you my friend have a shackle reversal. A mod done to cruisers. In stock form the shackles are up front...

3. Stroker

Stroker

Is there an advantage to this? I'm installing tri-shackles.

4. 72cruiser

72cruiser

yeah,

there are advantages, but some (smaller in my consideration) disadvantages also.

there are pretty much two schools to this, with the anti-SR bein the smaller of the two.

check out the "technical links" page up at the top. there are a couple good write ups on SRs and also a good one on why not to SR.

good luck :D and happy reading,
    malphrus

i think it's pretty much a moot point though, you already have it done. as long as it was a quality job, you're fine.

5. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

For mild wheeling and daily driving a reversal is nice....for the hardcore stuff it presents some disadvantages