Service Recommendations in Hampton Roads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening all! Hope you’re well!

Anyone have any recommendations for good service work in the Hampton Roads area?

Thanks!

RT

When I was living in the 757, I used to take my 2003;100 series to: japaneseautomasters.com

Good service, reasonable price. Will install aftermarket parts; OME lift kit, Slee diff drop.

1999 LC, and the request was general in nature, but...

I’m going to need new rear brakes before too long. I’ve got some window wiring/switch issues. I’ve also got some clicking that can be felt under driver/passenger floorboards (when driving straight at speed, as opposed to slowly or turning). Finally, I’ve got some squeaking that may be suspension related.

I’ve taken my FJ62 to DIA automotive and have had good luck with them, they tend to be slow at times but have come under new ownership and are getting better. If you go through DIA just be specific with what you want, i.e. if you want to keep it budget then let them know or if you want top of the line also let them know
If you have wiring issues the guys at SoundWave Customs do excellent work.
Are you opposed to doing the brake and suspension work yourself?

I am not opposed, no, but I am not equipped or knowledgeable either.

I would say take it in for the noise and the electronics and then do the brakes and suspension yourself.
I’ve had excellent experiences with sound wave and they do
Everything from troubleshooting systems to installing sound systems.
Do you have a service manual?
If you need some help post up a thread and see if members here would help out and lend tools/space its a pretty good community here.

So the ‘clicking noise’ was actually the metal tech sliders the PO installed. The squeaking was the hood latch.

Coastal Imports on 21st in Ghent is where I took the Cruiser for diagnosing (I live in West Norfolk). They were great.
I’ll check out Soundwave Customs for the window issue. I’m pretty sure it’s a wiring issue (as opposed to a fuse or switch issue). Thank you for the recommendation!

And I don’t have a service manual, but I’d definitely like to get one. I want to get to a point where I can work on it myself.

I’ll make an intro/build thread shortly so I’m not cluttering up the place.

Thank you again!

I’ve taken my FJ62 to DIA automotive and have had good luck with them, they tend to be slow at times but have come under new ownership and are getting better. If you go through DIA just be specific with what you want, i.e. if you want to keep it budget then let them know or if you want top of the line also let them know
If you have wiring issues the guys at SoundWave Customs do excellent work.
Are you opposed to doing the brake and suspension work yourself?
DIA is great I took my "06 Sequoia there exclusively until I left for Germany 3 years ago. Would definitely recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom