September Trail Ride=Weston Pass, Saturday, September 21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Putting this up "early" so you can plan to attend; Weston is an easy road with great scenery. Given the date, the foliage should be impressive!

This can be a day trip, or an easy overnight camping trip. I know several good spots. One, in particular, will hold 9-10 vehicles within a small open space atop a foothill. It's not "perfectly flat" for ground tent camping, but it is quite good. (I'll be gone this week so not able to reply if you post).

How far would this be from Holy Cross City?

How far would this be from Holy Cross City?

25+/- miles. Weston connects to the highway approximately 4 miles south of Leadville. Take Hwy 24 north to Homestake Road/FS Road 703.

I thought I might be able to pull this off with a night of camping but my wife's birthday is that weekend so I am out.

I'm in. Not sure if I have a green light on the over night but pretty sure I can pull it off. I have a goal to get in more nights in the RTT than SAS. That will be difficult since he will be on the trip but it's good to have goals.

Reactions: SAS
I got a message from Jeremy/wonderlc indicating that he is not going to make a trip this weekend.

Anyone else definitely "in" ?

Personally, I'm tired! I spent last week trekking across Colorado with Keystone Cruisers, and then have been working in Salida until last night.

Who wants to go, and who can lead it???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom