September Club Run, September 3 to 6, 2021 - Shaver Lake area (I hope!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are also open to any suggestions that are closer.. again since ALL national forests are closed; it basically leaves only desert camping..
Hi Brandon - With all the National Forests in California closed, it looks like I won’t be the only one to miss out on this trip… Bummer! I like your idea of the Prescott area, though. A couple of years ago Robin & I did the route from Prescott all the way down to just above Lake Pleasant, then over to Wickenburg, AZ. The lower part of the trail winds through a beautiful saguaro cactus grove, and the upper part is beautiful forest, with lots of dispersed camping along the way. Because of time limitations, we didn’t do the turnoff to Crown King, though I’ve heard that’s really cool. Please let me know how it works out!

I won't be going to AZ with you. I really love the Sierras around the Fresno area. I look forward to attending the next trip there. Have fun in AZ and post lots of pics.

Well thats a bummer guys, fire season here in CA really threw a wrench in our plans; but I look forward to seeing you guys on the next run! I will definitely take some pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom