September CLC Meeting (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The September meeting is going to be held at Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Que 315 S 31st St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904-3152, meeting time is 7:00 pm on Tuesday, September 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, folks that is tonight.

Well Since Jeremy and Tracy are showing up..... I can make an appearance

Screenshot_20230919_195845_Samsung Internet.jpg

We had a great meeting with 7 present.

The square CLC stickers were passed out for members to put on rigs of people that you would like to see join the club. They have a QR code on the back for people to get in touch with our online face.

Reactions: SAS
Today my 60 actually got a woman's attention. She has an 84 turd brown 60 that her dad bought brand new. I gave her the sticker. Pointed out the QR codes for your hard work Jeremy.

Handed out another one last night. Had a nice Lexus, but it was fitted out. Traction boards were not blue. He was a member on MUD but not TLCA. Told him to get on Mud and find the group. Told that the group holds a monthly train run. He seemed to like that. So I think he really wants to take that Lexus to the trails.

Next meeting, I’ll bring a can of blue spray paint and give to anyone who wants to paint their traction boards blue. This will cut into the profit margin of anyone who wants to make $76 by buying blue traction boards but it is easier and quicker.

Meeting notes (September meeting
1. As previously mentioned, @wonderlc got rubber stamps to stamp the club info and QR codes on the back
Text reads: "Colorado Land Cruisers
Trail Rides every month
All Toyotas welcome
Check us out on IH8MUD and Facebook"

2. Pikes Peak Ranger District--November/December weekends for Christmas Tree sales.
Last year it was 4 consecutive weekends (starting weekend after Thanksgiving) Hopefully this year they eliminate the 4th weekend
The point is that we need club volunteers for each Saturday/Sunday of those weekends, so mark your calendars and plan to volunteer a couple of days
There hasn't yet been an announcement from PPRD about their dates--stay tuned for official thread

3. Christmas for Kids. This is a volunteer effort that includes several clubs across El Paso County (4x4, motorcycle, and other types of clubs). JJ (from Colorado Springs Christian 4Wheelers) acts as the "management & coordination hub". We expect, like last year, he will make a call for volunteers in early November. The way it works: volunteers "sponsor" a young person in the county's Health/Human Services department who is identified by social case workers. Case worker provides simple data to JJ, who gives info that to volunteers (child age, sex, and wish list for Christmas). Volunteers go shopping to get items on wish list, package them (wrap them) and put in a box that is labeled for specific child, and deliver to CSPD Police Station on Tutt Boulevard on the specified date (usually a Sunday morning, first week of December).

For the last two years, three or four of us have volunteered by sponsoring one or more children. At the meeting, we talked about doing this again. We also talked about getting more club members to participate (directly, or indirectly by making a $10 to$20 donation, so the club is sponsoring versus several individuals).

4. October trail ride is 14th-15th to the Crested Butte area--Kebler Pass (CR 12), camping overnight, then Crystal Mill Road, Lead King, and Schofield Pass. I got online to make an appointment at Paonia State Park campground but found the site says "Closed through April 30, 2024". That is probably why we got a campsite last year (we were worried that someone with a reservation would come in after dark and tell us to get out of their spot!)

5. The October meeting is Tuesday, 17th, location TBD. @LCPilot will post a thread with relevant details.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom