seat warmers not working; what to check first (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our 04 seat heaters stopped working. I can't seem to find any diagrams in my owners manual and searched here without much luck, my searching powers aren't great. The seater heater fuse for our 04 LC was in the passenger side kick panel. My problem wound up being the switches not being plugged in, I took the console panel off a bit ago and failed to plug them back in.

Our 04 seat heaters stopped working. I can't seem to find any diagrams in my owners manual and searched here without much luck, my searching powers aren't great. The seater heater fuse for our 04 LC was in the passenger side kick panel. My problem wound up being the switches not being plugged in, I took the console panel off a bit ago and failed to plug them back in.
Camino,
I just realized when I was in CO this last week my Pass seat heater was not working. Light comes on but seat doesnt heat. Drivers side is good. Im guessing its not the fuse since the drivers side is good. I guess the first thing I should do is check the switch on the console. Any tricks to pop that cover off? Also any advice you have on this would be helpful.

The 7.5 A Panel fuse under the hood was mine. It doesn't control the heating but does control a ton of lights.

I have a 00 Landcruiser and both my lights will light up when switching on the heater for driver and passenger. However I don't have heat to either one of the seats. I found the large relay fuse in the engine compartment that controls heaters I believe but I have the lights lighting up on the switches so I assumed it wasn't a fuse unless I'm missing something?

If the fuse checks out, it's pretty easy to pull that part of the console to make sure the buttons are plugged in. I've forgotten to plug mine back in more than once when I pulled the console cover to address other issues. Easy to miss if you haven't needed the seat heaters for a while.

Driver side works for 2 hours then disconnects. Then when restarting the car works again.

If the fuse checks out, it's pretty easy to pull that part of the console to make sure the buttons are plugged in. I've forgotten to plug mine back in more than once when I pulled the console cover to address other issues. Easy to miss if you haven't needed the seat heaters for a while.
I did take a look and yes they are plugged in. They light up when put on low and high.

My drivers side seat does not heat (passenger does) ... the lights on the switches come on... Is my next step pulling the seat?

My drivers side seat does not heat (passenger does) ... the lights on the switches come on... Is my next step pulling the seat?
I'm having the same issues. It seems like these are the steps I read from above posts:
1. If both seats are not heating, check the fuse (#61)
2. If one seat is heating and the lights in the center console do not light up, check the connection under the center console. Here's the bulb number if they are plugged in but not lighting up 84999-10310
3. If the switches are plugged in and lighting up but one of the seats is not heating (or both are not heating) take the seats up and check the connections to the seat and any wiring shorts that could be causing problems.
4. If 1-3 fail to fix the problem, come back to mud for help.

I'm going to go through this process this weekend to (hopefully) fix my passenger side heater that may have been knocked loose when either taking the center console out a few weeks ago or when I put in my furry seat covers for MN winter. Hope this helps me, and someone else. It's getting cold out here...

The other thing to remember is that overtime and with usage the wires in the seat may break or burn out. This would also cause the seat to not work while the light is on on the switch at the center console. I have this (I believe) on my passenger side as the LO setting intermittently works, HI does not work at all. Driver's side is fine. I have looked on PARTSOUQ and it looks like they used to sell the heating elements at one point but no longer. May have to find an upholstery shop to replace for me.

The other thing to remember is that overtime and with usage the wires in the seat may break or burn out. This would also cause the seat to not work while the light is on on the switch at the center console. I have this (I believe) on my passenger side as the LO setting intermittently works, HI does not work at all. Driver's side is fine. I have looked on PARTSOUQ and it looks like they used to sell the heating elements at one point but no longer. May have to find an upholstery shop to replace for me.
That's step #4 in my list then. Thanks for the comment!

Thats my issue. Low work, high doesnt. And you wouldn't really know it was on.

Thats my issue. Low work, high doesnt. And you wouldn't really know it was on.
Yeah it is just kinda warm-ish. From reading on other forums (not LC) this usually is indicative of a broken or burnt wire as the way the wiring is done is there is one set that is on for LO and then another set that turns on with the LO set to double the wires for HI. Since the wires are usually in a pad of sorts, if you can find the appropriate wire and fix it, it may resolve the issue. But most times it is easier to find and replace the pad itself. That is likely what I will do.

Thanks everyone for the help, for me it was the connections under the center console. I had a radio installed a few months ago and I am thinking it disconnected during the install.

Hi,

On my '02 LX, the RH switch is "stuck", meaning it physically won't move to Hi or Lo from the mid-position. However, the orange light on the RH switch is on so i think that switch is just broken. The LH (driver's) switch works properly, however the light isn't on and the seat never heats up. Maybe someone has some tips on this...

To clarify, do both the LH + RH seats run on the same fuse? I'm thinking of just replacing both switches and then checking the fuse, hoping things will start working.

Lastly, anyone have any tips on pulling the center console dash woodwork to access the bottom of each switch to remove them? Is the plug directly under the switch or elsewhere?

So I’m having the same sort of issue. My drivers switch lights up when switch is flicked to high or low. It doesn’t light up when headlights are to indicate it’s location at night. Seat warms right up though! Now the passenger seat doesn’t warm up or light up. I pulled the switch to find the remnants of a spilled beverage. I replaced the switch and all lights work. High/low lights, night time indicator passive bulb work great. However to my dismay still no heat. My GF is perpetually frozen and her ass is national treasure, and thus, deserves all the pampering I can afford. I think my next step will be checking wires, however I suspect the heating pad has a snapped filament and will need replacing. Anyone ever replaced a heating pad In a front seat? If so, got nud....er ...pics? Appreciate any help folks!

So I’m having the same sort of issue. My drivers switch lights up when switch is flicked to high or low. It doesn’t light up when headlights are to indicate it’s location at night. Seat warms right up though! Now the passenger seat doesn’t warm up or light up. I pulled the switch to find the remnants of a spilled beverage. I replaced the switch and all lights work. High/low lights, night time indicator passive bulb work great. However to my dismay still no heat. My GF is perpetually frozen and her ass is national treasure, and thus, deserves all the pampering I can afford. I think my next step will be checking wires, however I suspect the heating pad has a snapped filament and will need replacing. Anyone ever replaced a heating pad In a front seat? If so, got nud....er ...pics? Appreciate any help folks!
Check the wiring harness first. I can't really see why the pad itself would be bad, unless there's a short inside it, but that would be rare. More likely it's a short in the wiring harness. My passenger switch also had a spilled beverage, and actually melted the plastic. Ruined the entire wiring harness, however, I highly doubt that impacted the pad. I am personally leaving it as is for now, my driver's side works and I don't have any friends lol. It's a big job replacing that harness, I don't even want to think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom