Seat on the lug nuts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get some new lug nuts. Amazon has dozens of kinds but they all specify "seat": tapered, mag, or ball. What do we have on our stock rims? What have you guys used?

OEM Toyota wheels use are lug-centric nuts, which are kind of unusual. I'd suggest getting some OEM Toyota lug nuts, which you can probably find used on eBay or new at your local dealer. I might even have a bag of them lying around somewhere.

FWIW I really despise the lug-centric lug nuts and am glad I now have aftermarket wheels with normal conical lug nut seats.

I agree with Rednexus. You can get the stock lug nuts from your local Toyota dealer......probably cheaper than at the Lexus dealer. You could also check with the Windy City Cruisers (I don't know where in IL you are in relation to them) but they may get a discount at their local Toyota dealer. We have 2 dealerships that sponsor our club and we get discounts at both.

I refer to this picture a lot. Mag/Shank is the OEM style, while most aftermarket will use the conical tapered style. You should be able to look at it and tell.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 140842.png

I second others, I would choose OEM lug nuts.

Plenty available on eBay that appear to be new take offs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom