Seat heating elements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i recently bought a 2000 Lexus LX 470 and the seat heaters don't work very well. Seems like I need to replace the heating elements. Anybody have any experience with this? What brand and model do I need? I want nice warm seats for the winter. Thanks!

Both seats? If they don't work I would check the fuse first. If they are weak the it may be your expectations. 100 seat heaters are weak compared to many others and take a long time to warm up. I also have volvos and Audis and their seats get so hot on the high setting they can make you feel sick. Not so with the 100.

Yeah. Thanks. I've never owned seat heaters. My next newest land cruiser is an '84 FJ60... The Lexus dealership I bought it from checked them out as I thought fuse or electrical also but they said they are working but take a long time to heat up and then don't heat much. They said they just wear out -- after 15 years. There appears to be lots of aftermarket carbon fiber elements that would work to replace and some get better reviews than stock. Just wondering if anyone has replaced and what model/brand they used.

The seats in my new LX take at least 30 minutes to warm up (and never really get hot), while the ones in my wife's RX400h heat up in a couple of minutes. Maybe the leather is thicker in the 100 / LX?

Hmmm, the seats in my 100 get very warm. I can only take them on low setting and only for a short while before I'm sweating. I'd say no different than the heated seats in my wife's much newer Odyssey.

The seats in my new LX take at least 30 minutes to warm up (and never really get hot), while the ones in my wife's RX400h heat up in a couple of minutes. Maybe the leather is thicker in the 100 / LX?

If takes 30 minutes, you really need to check the heating elements and replace it with new ones.

Agree. It takes a while to heat up (30 min or so) and then they are warmish at best. My wife's 2011 GX get hot in mins. The Lexus elements are very expensive as you might imagine but there are several aftermarket options that are very affordable and my upholstery guy says they work well. Just thought I'd check the forum to see if anyone had any experience with replacing them and after market versions they'd recommend or stay away from. Thanks!

I have an 04 LC.

My seat heaters take 2-3 minutes to heat up, and are pretty strong when on Hi

My 03 LX 470 also take 2-3 minutes. If it takes longer, may be few elements are burned/not working properly. Since been a member, this is the first time, this issue had been raised.

Yeah in my preliminary searches on the forum I didn't see much discussion either. Seems to be hit and miss from the replies. I'll do some research, swap mine out and report back.

The seat heaters in mine are more like seat warmers. I can leave it in low during the winter and never pay much attention to it. Compared to the seat heaters in my truck, which are either on or off, and I get uncomfortably hot when they are on for more than a 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom