Searching for Hot Springs near SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The hubs and I are looking to escape the usual stressful family Thanksgiving to adventure out with our two boys (6&2) in search of hot springs. We have a 94' FZJ80 with a rooftop tent so we are ok with not being at a lux campground. Hubs is leaning toward Death Valley, Calico or possibly the Mojave trail and ending up in Laughlin.

Things we are looking for:
- Camp spot only accessible with a capable 4wd.
- Hot Springs for sure.
- Hiking trails to wear the boys out.

Thanks,
Krissy
Fallbrook, CA

Over Thanksgiving, the hot springs in Death Valley will be inundated by the usual "family" of old hippies. If you go, you will see things that cannot be unseen, but you will meet some colorful characters and enjoy a nice potluck lunch.

In between DV and the Mojave trail is Tecopa hot springs were there are campgrounds with private soaking pools and also a nice community bath house. There is also an undeveloped area you can soak in too.

The hubs and I are looking to escape the usual stressful family Thanksgiving to adventure out with our two boys (6&2) in search of hot springs. We have a 94' FZJ80 with a rooftop tent so we are ok with not being at a lux campground. Hubs is leaning toward Death Valley, Calico or possibly the Mojave trail and ending up in Laughlin.

Things we are looking for:
- Camp spot only accessible with a capable 4wd.
- Hot Springs for sure.
- Hiking trails to wear the boys out.

Thanks,
Krissy
Fallbrook, CA

Saline Valley hot springs in DV is one of my favorite ! I’ll be there again this year with another couple.

Guadalupe Canyon in Baja?

Deep Creek Hot Springs Trail. San Bernardino mountains near Hesperus. Great out and back Trail to wear out da kids. Just a fire road walk in

Modest camping available & cross the chilly creek by rope and claim your spot

Last was there in 2009 so maybe stuff has changed

I will second the Guadalupe Hot Springs off the Lauguna Salada, epic trip into them, really neat camp sites, great pools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom