SE BC exploring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, this has absolutely nothing to do with Peace Canyon. But it will show some random shots of getting out and exploring my new home range in a somewhat oldschool truck. If you don't want it here I'll take the pics down. :beer:

This week I've been on a job in Trail. The company trucks on a drilling job so I've been driving my 60. Yesterday ran across a young griz after work while up in the hills getting firewood. Today wrapped up early so I drove up river from Trail to Salmo along the border. Easy wheeling but found a couple spots to lock the hubs.

P6200057 (1024x769).jpg

P6210061a.jpg

P6210080a.jpg

no objections? ok few more. pend oreille. old mine relics. good spot for a swim, if it were a hot day

P6210057a.jpg

P6210084a.jpg

P6210083a.jpg

Beauty Martin :beer: I was born and raised in Castlegar, so am very fond of the area.

Nice shots , Got any more ? Neil:beer:

Nice Martin,
I don't think anyone will object, the Swamp Donkeys just started up here, but we encompass the rest of the province out of the valley, island, and okanagan and any other outcast area around Canada, or the world ;) did you happen to run into anyone from the Kootney cruisers yet, if they are still around?
Cheers.

That shot of the back of your 60 with the river and dead trees looks awfully similar to our tumbler trail area here in NE BC ;)

Neil, haven't been in the WK for long. Hoping to see some of pics of your favorite areas seeing as you've been in the EK a long time?

Deny, thought of your tumbler pics when in that old burn.

I'm seeing lots of cruisers around, but so far haven't really tried getting a hold of the group. Though I do talk cruisers often enough at work with the building owner, nice guy who happens to have a very cool FJ40. Just need more time to get my 40 back out on the trail.

P6200046.JPG

P6210086a.jpg

P6210071a.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty Martin :beer: I was born and raised in Castlegar, so am very fond of the area.

Thanks Rob. Any pointers on places to see in the area would be much appreciated, PM if you prefer :). I am going to try getting out as much as I can, so much to see and do. Any time you`re back in the area you`re welcome to stop in, we`re not far past Slocan junction :beer:

Have you moved up there? Very jealous if you have! Vince (baxter650) is planning a move to the Grand Forks area.

Unfortunately, I drove a RWD Toyota Corona in my youth, so exploring off road was limited to my bike and hiking; and I really haven't spent any time off pavement there in 25 years, so likely the area has changed quite a bit, but yeah, you could spend a lifetime exploring the area.

:beer:

Yes we did. So far happy with the decision.

After work today south of Montrose, couple nice coloured black bears.

P6240079d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom