School me on Charleston, SC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yea park circle is nice NOW before they renovated all the bad areas

yea park circle is nice NOW before they renovated all the bad areas

I live in Park Circle now. Its nice but there are still some bad areas. If I had kids I do not know if I would send them to the schools. To me it was one of the few places in Charleston where the homes did not seem over priced. Plus it is convenient to just about all of Charleston.

I don't mean to jack jsaltlick's thread. But if one were in the Charleston or Beaufort area, and was looking for an under-30 crowd, into rock n' roll, with single girls, where would I want to go? Savannah is an option, too. I'm going to visit my folks next month for a week, and would like to try and go out a couple times.

The Pour House depending on who is playing.....Halligans depending on who is playing...

Good resource to see what is happening downtown, James Island and West Ashley bar scene

Charleston City Paper - Restaurants | Music | Events | Arts | News

Arts Bar and Grill, Acme Cantina, Big Johns Tavern, Home Team BBQ on Friday night, Gene's Haufbrau, etc...depends also what you are into....yuppie types, EMO, Goth, tattooed biker girls, beach girls, or all of the above depending on body and face. LOL

Check by bar or by Live Music on the link above....it is updated weekly.

Tattooed biker girls, beach girls, punk rock girls, etc. are all good...goth and emo are a no-go. Thanks, Brock. I'll check those places out.

the Map Room and a couple others have some heavier metal bands playing sometimes....best to get with one or two local bars that have that crowd and then figure out where the bands are playing and follow them there. Good luck...

I don't mean to jack jsaltlick's thread. But if one were in the Charleston or Beaufort area, and was looking for an under-30 crowd, into rock n' roll, with single girls, where would I want to go? Savannah is an option, too. I'm going to visit my folks next month for a week, and would like to try and go out a couple times.

Hunt Club. HHAHAHAHA

JJS you hijacking sumbitch!

We'd want to live in the area that has the best schools, period. Our price range would be between $400-500k. I'd live in a shack in the best school system before getting a big house in a s***ty or moderately s***ty area.

That Yankee Homo comment made me spit pepsi out of my nose.

We'll be there around Dec 9th-10th or so. Hopefully you can collect enough cats to have some good bbq specials at the restaurant that day.

Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy are the 2 most useless, unfunny s***bags I've ever seen. I have bumps on my ballsac that are funnier than those two. On his worst day, comedian John Reep from Hickory, NC is funnier than those 2 assclowns on their best days combined.

JJS you hijacking sum*****!

HeHe we already have him speaking Southern. SOB in the south it is all one word. If he was speaking Yankee it would have been four words, SOAB. Converting him b4 he even gets here. I believe that there is hope for you afterall jsaltlick. We might be able to cure you of your Yankee ways.

He'll learn if he comes to Charleston that SOB has yet another meaning.
Or maybe he won't. He probably won't have access to that level of sassiety.
b

The Pour House depending on who is playing.....Halligans depending on who is playing...

Good resource to see what is happening downtown, James Island and West Ashley bar scene

Charleston City Paper - Restaurants | Music | Events | Arts | News

Arts Bar and Grill, Acme Cantina, Big Johns Tavern, Home Team BBQ on Friday night, Gene's Haufbrau, etc...depends also what you are into....yuppie types, EMO, Goth, tattooed biker girls, beach girls, or all of the above depending on body and face. LOL

Check by bar or by Live Music on the link above....it is updated weekly.

I like jazz. This link has a ton of it. Can you narrow it down, particularly to downtown and Mt Pleasant for a start? When we're in town it's usually on SI.
Thanks.
b

Good schools in the Tri County, good luck.

There are some good schools in area...mostly Dorchester 2 district for public....then the magnet schools and a couple decent private schools. I grew up here and my daughters went to public school here so they are not all created equal...not at all.

Dont worry about BenMara, he is still trying to get an offroad vehicle to stay running. :D:flipoff2:

not running, one i trust past the Berkley county line, i went to over rated private schools growin up in the tricounty

yep....depends more on the teachers and the desire of the kids to learn than the school. Hell I went to St Johns Island school for high school...and Wallace Middle before that. Wife went to Sea Island Academy for highschool and I argue her education was not any better. Dont tell her that...LMAO

Hittin the road tomorrow. Should be in SC Monday and Tuesday, maybe Tuesday/Weds. Should be staying near downtown if anyone wants to grab a beer with a real live yankee. my cell is six-one-seven-48O- 6693.

If you take laptop then get on here upon your arrival and let us know where you are staying...some might come by and toilet paper your car or leave a steamer on your doorstep as a welcoming gift. :D :D

Or an "I'm not wearing pants" sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom