SB50 Anderson Power Pole Weatherproof Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As part of the electrical install on my 80 I wanted a rugged weatherproof way to connect high amperage external systems to the truck without the need to pop the hood. Things such as solar panels, inverters, jumper cables, radios, etc. I really liked the Anderson SB50 plugs, but wanted something I could leave mounted to the bumper without worrying about mud (I hate it) and water getting into the wiring and contacts.

With that in mind, I developed these SB50 mounts to work with Anderson weatherproof boots. These allow for solid mounting of the connector to bumpers, frames, and any other flat surface. No need to hold the source side of the connector when you install or remove a device as it's held rigidly in the clamp. Additionally, by clamping around the boot there is no hardware passing into the boot introducing leak paths. The Anderson weatherproof boots also have the advantage of being weatherproof both when connected and disconnected (when a mating boot is on the load side).

I made a batch of 10 of these mounts, but am certainly open to making more if there is interest. Here are the specs. PM me to order.

Anderson SB50 Weatherproof Mount - $24 - Clamp + M6x1 Hardware, Free shipping
  • 6061 Aluminum upper and lower clamp with black enamel paint
  • M6x1 mounting hardware
  • Fully weatherproof connection both when connected and when disconnected
  • 50A hot plug rating / 120A connected rating

IMG_3644 copy.jpg

IMG_3643 copy.jpg

IMG_3645 copy.jpg

IMG_3631 copy.jpg

IMG_3640 copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back