SOLD [San Diego or CO]1984 FJ60 - OME, 33x10.5, 140k miles, desmog/resmog and JimC'ed. Price Reduced! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 FJ60 - Great condition and incredible driver - Please read the whole post as I have outlined EVERYTHING about this truck both good and bad. Please ask me any questions and i will get back with pictures and answers in a timely manner.

The truck is located in San Diego, but I am willing to drive to deliver or can bring the truck to Colorado if that is a better location for people. I am selling because I have too many projects and I don't want this great of a truck to be a redheaded stepchild to her two 40 series older sisters.

140K miles on the original 2F. Great condition truck just needing some love to become a beauty. I have too many projects so this one needs a new home. Please read below to get an idea of the scope of the sale. The truck is from Wyoming, Colorado, and now is in California. It has some rust, but was never exposed to salt roads. the truck comes with a TON of spare parts.

The Good:

- New 33x10.5.15 BFG All Terrains on alloy wheels

- New Old Man Emu medium suspension with OME shocks, shackles and bushings

- Full Desmog and newly rebuilt carb by Jim C.

- I have ALL of the parts to re-smog the truck for those places that have emissions.

- New OEM Carb Isolator plate just installed.

- Getting a full OEM tune up this weekend (cap, rotor, wires and plugs).

- All major coolant hoses replaced with OEM hoses and clamps

- Kenwood head unit and new speakers

- Really clean and mostly original interior (repaired driver seat and replaced driver door panel)

- Clean headliner

- New AGM Battery

- Everything in working order

- 17 miles to the gallon highway

- Comes with a slew of spare parts both for restoration as well as future repairs

o Spare full wiring harness with all relays – No cuts at all.

o Spare Trollhole carb jetted for altitude

o Full set of rust free doors and tailgate

o Two replacement Alternators (one a new in box OEM re-manned)

o Set of driveshafts from ’85-’87 for 5 speed upgrade

o Spare AC/heater parts including AC compressor.

o TONS of other interior and mechanical parts from parting 3 other 60s and taking all of the good stuff.

The Bad

- Some leaks: side cover gaskets and head cover gaskets need to be addressed.

- Heater hoses were not replaced when I did the engine hoses.

- Front axle seals will need to be replaced soon.

- Engine is desmogged which may need to be re-smogged depending on your area’s restrictions. All needed parts come with the truck.

- Windows are weak due to old tinting. The new doors come with new-like regulators and glass.

- Dash has a crack

- Cracked windshield – not in sightlines.

The Ugly

- The truck is not rust free. Has the typical rust in the wheel wells and lower channel but nothing more

- The exhaust needs to be redone to extend further out from under the truck.

EDIT: Forgot the price!: I am looking for $7k OBO for the whole set of everything. I would prefer to not sell the parts alone, but would be okay with it if the price is right. :)

Last edited:
Picture set 1

2015-10-26 17.09.34.jpg

2015-10-26 17.10.11.jpg

2015-10-26 17.10.27.jpg

2015-10-26 17.11.31.jpg

More pictures on request.

2015-10-26 17.15.25.jpg

2015-10-26 17.16.13.jpg

2015-10-26 17.16.55.jpg

2015-10-26 17.17.28.jpg

2015-10-26 17.17.58.jpg

Last set for today

2015-10-26 17.21.32.jpg

2015-10-26 17.21.46.jpg

Bump for back on sale!

Bumping this! I am back in CO for the next few days picking up the slew of parts for the truck.

Price Reduced to 7K OBO for the truck and ALL parts.

Last edited:
Truck sold today with all parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom