San Diego FJ60 Mechanic Needed & Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 1987 cruiser and looking for a good mechanic in the San Diego area. Any recommendations?

Also, what's the best roof rack out there?

New to FJ60's. Thanks in advance!

Scott

What are you looking to have done mechanically?

Oh and pics of the Cruiser, please!

Pics Added

Here are some pics. Bought from original owner, garaged all her life and just needs a little tlc.

There is a place here in SD but they are no longer working on FJ60's, said parts are harder to find.
http://www.sdtrux.com/home.html

Needs new suspension/shocks, new AC, tune up, etc. Ideally would love to drop if off, get a list of what needs to be done and go from there.

For the rack...general camping. Is there a good website to go to see my options?

Thanks, Scott

20130119_151432.jpg

20130119_154053.jpg

20130119_151443.jpg

Nice looking rig and you're welcome, hope it works out for both of you.

Check out the Vendors Market on the forum on what options you have in acquiring kit for your rig. I've accumulated a long list of websites to surf when thinking about my build. Cruiser Outfitters, Man-A-Fre, Marlin Crawler, Cruiserparts.net, Cruiser Corps, Cruiser Yard...like I said a long list.

You can also check out the Expedition Build section of the forum and see all sorts of options on what you can do with your rig to suit your camping needs.

Sorry I can't help on a mechanic, I'm clear on the other side of the country wishing I had a rust free rig like yourself.

Welcome to the addiction!

Scott

A new AC? Or rebuild or conversion or charge?

Autotyme in Vista...Shane is the only one I let wrench on my 87 60, or my 89 62.
I have referred about five others with wagons without complaint.

Be carefull. Read the faq. Do it yourself if you can.

I have a longer list of who to steer clear of than I do who to use.

There is a guy in AZ who is referred to a lot regarding AC...he helped me a lot even though I didn't spend a dime... (next chance I get).

Re: the rack. Get a little trailer for camping. save your roof but if tou must..the old confer rack is a classic and has outlived all takers.

...Needs new suspension/shocks, tune up...

Thanks, Scott

If you are wanting to learn to wrench on her, we can do the above in my driveway. I have replaced the entire suspension on my 60 with an Old Man Emu and shackle reversal. I don't consider myself a mechanic, but more of a parts changer, and have been doing so for quite some time.
Let me know.

Danny

Thanks for the lead on Autotyme. I'm new to the Cruiser family been driving an '86 & '04 Tacoma's for the past 2 decades.

See that your in Cardiff, I'm located in Normal Heights off Adams Ave (between the 805 & 15).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom