Saguaro Lake Maps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty sure the Sandy Beach cove is now closed to motorized land vehicles.Some friends of mine got a written warning from the sheriffs department that were patrolling the lake in a boat. The sheriff pull into the cove and told the guys that the area is now within the wilderness area and not to drive back there again.

I'm pretty sure the Sandy Beach cove is now closed to motorized land vehicles.Some friends of mine got a written warning from the sheriffs department that were patrolling the lake in a boat. The sheriff pull into the cove and told the guys that the area is now within the wilderness area and not to drive back there again.

I had no idea of that.....and.....if they don't post it, currently the rules are if it's not posted closed, it's open......... as long as you aren't destroying any trees, vegetation, etc. Now if the area is indeed wilderness designation.....obviously no motor vehicles are allowed. Further, there's a movement gaining momentum that wants to change the law to closed unless posted open.....which is a HUGE loss for the OHV community for obvious reasons.

Anyone have any more information?

Sean

Went out this morning putzing around and decided to use USAPhotomaps and record my route around the coves. Didn't have time to do much exploring (too busy picking up pieces of my broken fender flare) but came out over The Rolls. If anyone doesn't have this program yet, it rockes...

Did you record this on a handheld GPS or laptop? What is your setup and how do you like it?

Did you record this on a handheld GPS or laptop? What is your setup and how do you like it?

Laptop with a USB GPS antenna and USAPhotomaps software (freeware).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom