Safe-Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was tooling around Google today and found this pretty interesting. Does solve one of the issues I hate the most about the Hi-Lift: http://bmihydraulics.com/index.php?...ategory_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23

I saw that too...and agree 100%...makes it 1000 x safer to use.....especially in softer soils.

The only thing I wonder is can it be set up "twice"..I have the 5' Xtreme model..and it seems that to get the carriage past by the wire rope, you would almost have to disconnect it.....although I'm not sure,

I made "floorboards" for the front seats out of diamond plate that are 14 x 18 inches. When I use my jack I take one and put under the jack.

I only use the Toyota OEM jack for changing tires - lift the axle 3", is all you need. Hi-Litfs are too dangerous for changing tires or working on rigs.
The Hi-Lift I use only for recovery - moving the vehicle sideways or related maneuvers.

I only use the Toyota OEM jack for changing tires - lift the axle 3", is all you need. Hi-Litfs are too dangerous for changing tires or working on rigs.
The Hi-Lift I use only for recovery - moving the vehicle sideways or related maneuvers.

An OEM, bottle, or other similar jack won't always work off road with severely uneven surfaces. Been there - done that - many times.

Why use a Hi-Lift to move a vehicle sideways if it is a dangerous tool? Use a winch and a block.

Yes - its nice to have options, but in most situations the OEM jack will lift the axle more safely then the Hi-Lift.
I have seen front tires lodged in broken log ATV bridges (logs running parallel to direction of travel and logs cabled together) and the winch would not lift and move the vehicle sideways at the same time.Everyone's conditions can vary ~ so whatever works in the terrain you are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom