For Sale Sacramento, CA: Wilco tire gate, spare tire / Jerry can holder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. Other
Asking $750 for this Wilco tire gate, model UHG1060-1. Carries a full size spare tire and other accessories- presently outfitted with mounts for 2 jerry cans (see example pics from web). This model is no longer made, the newest model for comparison can be found at Products - https://wilcooffroad.com/collections/all > tire carriers > hitchgates > hitchgate offset.
IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

My dad outfitted his 4Runner with this so he could drive to the end of the Dalton Hwy, Alaska, the edge of the earth. I'm not taking that trip any time soon, so I'm putting it up for sale. He mounted an auxiliary backup camera above the unit and I'm throwing that in as well. It also comes with all the reflective stickers, tape wrap, and half tennis balls he stuck on the thing to soften corners and make sure it would be seen. Note that the feature pic with unit still on the 4Runner shows my trailer hitch mounted to the unit which is NOT part of this sale. Picture of unit removed from vehicle shows what is for sale. It's is in great working shape. Also comes with wedge lock design anti-wobble bolt which takes any play out of the unit in the receiver. Fits any standard 2" receiver, and I believe there are adapters available for larger receivers.

These last pics are ripped from the web, showing similar units with tire / cans, and gate swung open.
ex2.png
tiregate_example.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the high clearance version?
Not sure.
I’m not sure. I don’t know a great deal about it. I would guess if there were 2 versions they might have different model #s? I’ll see what I can dig up research wise, but that’s why I took a photo of the tag with model #. I’ll basically just be searching the web. You know as much as I do about it.

1711829925042.png
I didn't find anything out there on the innerwebs about high clearance vs other versions. All I can say is that if you look at this setup from the back, the absolute lowest point on this carrier is what fits into the hitch receiver, so other than the fact that this accessory projects backwards a bit, lengthening the distance from the rear axle to the rear-most part of the vehicle, which could theoretically lower your clearance if the front of the vehicle begins a steep ascent, then the furthest point to the rear of the vehicle would make ground contact first. But in terms of change in clearance on flat ground after installing this, it would not appear to affect vehicle clearance at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom