Rusty panel behind flare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for experience/opinions on this one. I have a 62 Series that has rusty quarters. I have the entire panel to replace because it needs it.

On the 80, when I pulled off my flares to replace gaskets and do some spot painting, I found quite a bit of rust behind the driver's side flare. The question is - should I just cut the cancer out and treat the good metal behind it then button it back up? It's completely concealed by the flare and/or bumper wing. Or should I cut it back and do a patch panel for the area. It is good metal beyond what you can see is bubbling. (The gray stripe is body filler over the bare metal where my flare rubbed)
20201008_135256.jpg
20201008_135338.jpg
20201008_135431.jpg

To me thats a "you" answer. If it doesn't bother you then treat and cover. IF your going to obsess over it, cut it out and fix. Time and money decision.

To me thats a "you" answer. If it doesn't bother you then treat and cover. IF your going to obsess over it, cut it out and fix. Time and money decision.

Kind of what I was thinking. It's not a mall queen. It is getting cut out regardless so I think I'll try treating it first and see what it looks like. If it looks terrible, time to break out the welder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom