Rust Restoration San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a '97 FJ80 that was originally from Minnesota. It did some time there and suffered for it in some places. Most is surface but there is some cancer mostly on the gate and rocker panels. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the San Diego area?

I have some undercarriage rust so I would love to see any recommendations, as well.

Still wasn't able to find a place that wanted to do it. Body damage yes, rush damage though was like herpes. One place wanted to just replace everything. No one wants to touch it. I ended up getting a gate from a wrecking yard in NorCal and replaced the old one last weekend. Was a deal, $300 for the full gate with all acessories. Lock solonoid was only thing that didn't work, so swapped it with my old one and I'm good to go. Going to do the expanding foam trick on the hole in the rocker panel and prep it myself. Going to grind and prep the other small spots as welland while I'm at it, I am going to tackle a couple small dents and a ding. I suppose in the age of plastic cars, we're going to have to learn to do a lot of these things ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom