Rust on 2018 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking to buy this 2018 Lexus GX. I would like to know if this feedback on this rust. Does this look like too much for a 3 year old truck ? And can it be fixed or treated ?

Thanks in advance.

Image from iOS.jpg
Image from iOS (1).jpg
Image from iOS (2).jpg
Image from iOS (3).jpg
Image from iOS (4).jpg

To me it does, there shouldn’t be that much rust. If you do buy it, I try to get as much of that off and spray some wool wax

That's very light surface rust, which equates to no rust at all in most of the US! Very easy to clean up and hit with something like Rustoleum Rust Converter.

Up here in the rust belt, you see brand new trucks on the lot that practically look like that!

Funny, I am looking at a 2018 with the same amount of rust. I am leaning on keeping mine as my purchase end date is coming up. I have thought about it all week as I don't like rust. My 2019 Tundra that was in a salt climate for 2 winters when I bought it off showroom floor and it doesn't look that bad. But, I was washing my undercarriage through a car wash often. I think if you like it get it. Find the color you want and you can always get some VHT roll bar and chassis paint and touch up the areas your concerned with. If you take it off road the desert. gravel, ect. with hit and mark the frame and knock some paint off then you will have rusty spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom