Running Board question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know most would answer with remove them, but right now it just isn’t in the cards. One thing that has bugged me for some time now is the exposed metal on the rear portion of my running boards.
REAR OF BOARD.jpeg

The front caps seem to be correct....

KIMG0353.jpeg

My question is; if anyone knows if the running boards can be removed, endcaps swapped around and the running boards reinstalled on the opposite side of the truck and if this will perhaps correct the issue? Thanks for any insight you can give!

They are specific to each side, so swapping sides won't work.
I'd try taking that side off with the exposed metal and see if you can slide the "step" piece of plastic back in the cap.

Yeah, either try sliding it like mrbig said or maybe just paint the exposed metal with black finish POR15

Not in the cards because you have short people that require their use or not in the cards because you haven't the resources to replace them with sliders at the moment? Honest, without judgement question.

At this moment, both.

Sharpie or paint? I'd try and pop off the front cover and use a piece of lumber/stick (or something that won't chew up the plastic) as a punch/drift to try and tap it back with a hammer in the direction it needs to go. If it keeps wanting to slide I'd toss a rivet or screw on there some place to keep it from moving.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try when I find some time.

Mine are doing the same thing. I took mine off to repaint them and noticed the black rubber has slid to one side. Iam going to recenter mine, and take some picture and post them up for you.

They slide side to side fairly easy, so just center them and apply two sided tape or glue so they stay in place. I just got went ahead and got my Slee sliders!

Thanks, if I can find some time, before I decide to go slider, I'll take them off and fix them.

I took some pictures over the weekend - was able to slide the rubber down.
The trick was to slide back the trim piece - the one between the running board and lower body pannel.

The rubber snaps in over the ridges of the aluminum running board. So I un-snapped the rubber - where it went under the trim piece.
Then - it slid down without any issue.

I used a dead blow hammer to tap things into place. Then had to re-snap in the rubber, stretching it over the ridge, and working down the length of the running board, pushing it into place with my thumbs.

Tons of dirt and grime stuck into the cracks and channels of where the trim pieces and rubber slide into. Once, dirt was gone, things slid easy. I sparayed these down several time... still had a ton of dirt!

File_001.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom