Rubicon July 10-12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cmillerguitars.com
Hey Folks,Heading up to Loon this Friday July 10th, leaving Sonoma 3pm. Anybody wants to join us is welcome.

Chris

98B36883-27F9-47D8-8EDD-C377FD791887.jpeg

We got in late Friday night, cruised in from Loon Lake and got to Soup Bowl about 12:39-1am. Watched some antics and went to bed late. Woke up to find a broken main leaf, gave it the old farmer John baling wire fix, and continued on unimpeded. Had a bit of traffic, but pretty mellow overall. The 4runner walked up most everything despite the broke. Spring, and the new York OBA setup was A+. Stayed at the Springs Saturday night with plenty of time to relax and take a dip, watching a river otter couple frolic in the Rubicon River. Pretty cool. As we passed observation point, we heard on the radio that somebody was getting choppered out at the Springs (turns out it was non-life threatening-drink your water!). We got out thru Tahoma about 1pm, and had an uneventful drive (with ear protection) through the hot-ass Central Valley. All in all, a perfect trip.

E1587A76-5DD0-4E24-9697-F86F3AC6EDB7.jpeg
4EC45DD2-B55F-48EC-A0D7-3A808F67931C.jpeg
7B29E864-96B8-4BFE-910E-5A50A0C7C74B.jpeg
00331D15-61C2-4F86-A566-D99DEF60384A.jpeg

I love 4 runners

Nice Chris. Good to know people are still getting out.
Like the trail fix. those the Chevy 63's?
Must be one of the older Craftsman Wrenches to last the trip.
I have seen Tony Twiddy fix a spring with a piece of wood and roll of duct tape.

Nice Chris. Good to know people are still getting out.
Like the trail fix. those the Chevy 63's?
Must be one of the older Craftsman Wrenches to last the trip.
I have seen Tony Twiddy fix a spring with a piece of wood and roll of duct tape.
These are mystery springs, likely All-pros from about 2000-2004. I may throw some mini truck rears I have to save a few bucks. The wrench didn’t have to do a lot of work, it’s kind of like a stick used to tension a fence brace. But I was fortunate the spring broke on the shackle side of the axle. It held up fine. Always fun to break something and continue on unimpeded. It was an ideal trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom