RTT lights... suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering "hard mounting" some LED lights in my RTT that sits on my trailer.

Have any of you done this? I have been looking at the flexable waterproof LED ropes that are available. However, I remember someone buying some multi-color-changing LED strips from Ikea (i think).

So I am curious, what have you done to light up your RTT?

Thanks-

I've also purchased from that vendor. I mounted their string led lights under the hood of my FJ Cruiser, works great.

Cool site, I use the SuperbrightLEDs.com a lot too.

I like the looks of that beefy strip.

I used some from Ikea IKEA | Integrated lighting | Bookcase lighting | DIODER | Light strip. I like these because I can leave one of the 4 sections on for the kids side of the tent so it acts like a night light for them. But when we need light we just have to plug in the other three and the tent is nice and bright. I went with the multi color because the kids enjoy changing them.

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

I used some from Ikea IKEA | Integrated lighting | Bookcase lighting | DIODER | Light strip. I like these because I can leave one of the 4 sections on for the kids side of the tent so it acts like a night light for them. But when we need light we just have to plug in the other three and the tent is nice and bright. I went with the multi color because the kids enjoy changing them.

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

Thats the one I remember, thank you for posting the link. We have an Ikea opening up this summer, maybe they will have a grand opening sale here in Denver and I can go for it.

I found 5 meters of led strip lights in warm white on ebay for 40 bucks. When I received them I was extremely happy with them and have used them all over my trailer. I hard mounted 2- 6" strips on the bar over the door and opposite window and wire them together and then mounted a 2 ft section on the main bar for a bright light. I ran the power to a small switch box and gave each set of lights a small rocker switch. This way I have a main light and the two night lightas on their own switch. It works fabulous! The sticky tape on the back seems to work fine, but I also added small zip ties to make sure it stays intact when my kids are in the tent.

I also used these strip lights on the underneath side of my tent on the roof rack rails to illuminate the trailer bed when I am trying to dig through it late at night or trying to set up camp late. Between the wiring, LED lights, switches and switch box and connectors, I have maybe only spent $75-80.

I found 5 meters of led strip lights in warm white on ebay for 40 bucks. When I received them I was extremely happy with them and have used them all over my trailer. I hard mounted 2- 6" strips on the bar over the door and opposite window and wire them together and then mounted a 2 ft section on the main bar for a bright light. I ran the power to a small switch box and gave each set of lights a small rocker switch. This way I have a main light and the two night lightas on their own switch. It works fabulous! The sticky tape on the back seems to work fine, but I also added small zip ties to make sure it stays intact when my kids are in the tent.

I also used these strip lights on the underneath side of my tent on the roof rack rails to illuminate the trailer bed when I am trying to dig through it late at night or trying to set up camp late. Between the wiring, LED lights, switches and switch box and connectors, I have maybe only spent $75-80.

Cool stuff, do you have a link to the seller or similar product on Ebay. There is about a bazillion LED strips over there.

Lets DISCO (NOT) these lights are really disco style. come on guys where are the plain old Harbor Freight LEDs for 15 bucks, work well store easily and dont break

So I went a little LED crazy on Ebay today. I bought a 5m waterproof LED strip with 160 5050 LEDs. Also, I bought a 2m section for the top bar of the RTT. Both are the color change RGB style light and are silicone encapsulated.

I bought the long one to run under the trailer as an ambient light source around camp. And the short one will light up the RTT.

Thanks for the help guys, I will post up the pics in my trailer build thread... see my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom