RTH: Daughter is broke down between Richmond and Charlottesville (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

Normally I would take care of this myself, but I am currently working in Louisiana till the 17th. My daughter and her boyfriend were on their way to Shenandoah and it seems her transfer case has sprung a leak. (Boyfriend is not mechanically inclined)

2000 4runner that we just put a used transmission in last week and I topped off the transfer case when we were buttoning everything up.

She reported poor acceleration, downshifting when it typically wouldn't be needed, and an AT temp warning light. Unfortunately, I think she drove it way too far before pulling over and toasted the t-case.

What does she need now? A couple things:

USAA can tow her to the Richmond area, but they won't accommodate her dog. So needs a ride for her husky. Or, if somebody has a few extra minutes and can bring her 3 quarts of cheap 90 weight and a 24mm (I think) socket for the fill plug, she can likely limp it back to Richmond.

She is currently on I64 west, 43 miles east of Charlottesville, VA

Thanks!

Dan

Post here or PM me and I'll send you her cell number.

Man, I’m sorry to hear this. We are out of town currently. Was she able to get back to Richmond?

Have her give me a call at the shop. I will be in after 7:30. I know it may be too late?? I have a tow truck and can get it back to the shop and try to take a look at it.

Rob

I think they got towed to Richmond last night--the dog just stayed in the 4runner. @matzell Thanks! I sent her your number, but I don't know the exact situation right now and am headed to work momentarily.

Thanks again!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom