RTH - AC issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched as hard as I can while on this roadtrip and can't find much. Here's what I know:

-AC is blowing weak (maybe 25% flow at max)
-replaced blower motor an hour ago, so it's good and it sounds like it's running at its max in the max position
-what little air that does get out the vents is cold, so compressor and clutch and all that jazz is good
-almost kind of sounds like it does in foot mode in top vent mode
-defrost is like zero airflow
-heat doesn't appear to work at all, blows cool

Is it possible some internal door/actuator failed? Does this sound like a resistor issue? What's my next move? I've got 6 hours left and not tryna do it with no AC thru LA, MS, and FL on my way to NC.

Thanks!

Thanks guys!

When's the last time it wasn't blowing weak? Have you checked the cabin air filter location? Maybe something clogged up your evaporator fins.

When's the last time it wasn't blowing weak? Have you checked the cabin air filter location? Maybe something clogged up your evaporator fins
Good question, this morning it was full up. Noticed it a few hours into the drive today. I haven't, gonna check that tonight. And I'll check, but evaporator fins would only affect temperature, not airflow right? Temp is solid.

Good question, this morning it was full up. Noticed it a few hours into the drive today. I haven't, gonna check that tonight. And I'll check, but evaporator fins would only affect temperature, not airflow right? Temp is solid.
All air goes through the evaporator core, no exception. Having said that, evaporator fans don't just bend and block by themselves so I doubt that's what's going on. Is yours an LX? See if you pulling out the filters make a difference?
Does the blower motor turn faster (make more noise) when you turn up the fan? Of not then it might be the fan relay (mounted under the blower)

All air goes through the evaporator core, no exception. Having said that, evaporator fans don't just bend and block by themselves so I doubt that's what's going on. Is yours an LX? See if you pulling out the filters make a difference?
Does the blower motor turn faster (make more noise) when you turn up the fan? Of not then it might be the fan relay (mounted under the blower)

It is an LX. I checked the filters and ran it without them as a well. They weren't terrible, but definitely gonna replace them when I can find them in stock at an auto parts store.

Ya, the blower always was speeding up in down with the button, atleast audibly.

It's back working at 100% now. I'm so confused lol. Im thinking maybe one of the motors that runs mode select door got too hot and died like the door lock actuators do. Anybody heard of that happening?

I didnt read the thread but check the Air Mix Servo Motor. If its stuck on hot or cold it wont change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom