RSVP for Rausch Creek HERE!!!! Everyone read (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have I got you really confused now? I'm looking to camp and wheel if it's not too cold. If there's a group from CLCC camping at RC, that sounds good to me. If not, I'll camp with the PA boys at Paragon. Sorry for the confusion.

I've been traveling for work - I wish I could make this trip. I hope everyone has a safe trip.

Bob, clcc guys will definitely be camping at RC on Saturday night. And I don't think it'll be too cold. It's supposed to be almost 70 on Sat.

Tommy, I'm sorry to hear you can't make it. It looks like there will be plenty more wheeling opportunities coming up, though. :D

i THINK it would be best leaving friday night, around 7ish to avoid rush hour. It would allow us to arrive, set up camp (in the dark... not ideal) but then let us free to go wheeling the following morning. (friday departure provided it is not pouring friday night of course).

Thing to consider is if we leave Sat morning, we need to really set up camp before going wheeling. It seems less than ideal to wheel with full trucks. Setting up camp would take another 1 to 1.5 hrs.

I'm planning to arrive at RAUSCH CREEK Friday evening and camp Fri and Sat.

I'm still not sure about Friday night for me. For those of you that are going up Friday, what time do you want the Saturday arrivals to get there so that we can meet up with you and hit the trails?

Yeah, we need a round up for SAT arrivals. Please keep on posting about the plan... as couple of us are heading out on SAT morning.

Riad, I'll be leaving home Sat morn about 6-610A. That'll put me at the second exit at Thurmont on 15N about 7-710A. If you want to hook up, you can be waiting there, it's about milepost 29. I'll be on Channel 4. I figure you're north of me, it'll be easier if you wait on me. Or you could be rolling by there about that time. Your choice. I know that 80 of yours moves a lot faster than my 40, so if I roll by and you miss me, you'd have no trouble catching up. I guess I'm saying that I'm not planning on stopping.

My cell is 240/483-2528.

This should get us at the park at 9-915A.

The only other tricky part is getting from 15N onto 83N (before 81N). I believe it's Rt 581E. That's the bugger that's easy to miss. You just have to keep in the right lane ater passing exit for PA turnpike while on 15N and keep an eye peeled for "to 83N".

More specific directions off of 81N:
Exit 104 for Ravine (Exxon, Raceway Restaurant). They are on the right
after you come off the ramp. To get to the park you would go left off
the ramp, follow Molleystown Road west for about 5 minutes. At the fork
in the road for Lincoln, bear right for Joliett. When you get near the
top of the road, our entrance is just past the intersection with Lincoln
Road on the Left.

That would be great! Yeah I know that 581E exit, I have missed it couple times going to RC and Paragon. That exit will just pop up in your face and be gone just like that! I will keep on Channel 4 and my cell number is 301-928-2803. I will head out around 6-ish also.

Dan and Riad, are you guys opposed to leaving earlier on Sat morning? I'm just thinking that if the guys camping on Friday night want to hit the trails earlier than 9:30, it would be cool to arrive at around 8:00.

I've never been to RC, so I don't know how hard it is to catch up with a group that's got a 90 minute head start. Maybe it's no big deal. I'd just feel bad if the early birds had to wait around too long for us to arrive.

Actually, yeah, we'll be getting up at 5:00A as it is. In all the years we've been to Rausch, I've never seen the group leave at 8:00A. Most usually, I've seen the group amble out about 9:30 -1000A.

But this is why I mentioned earlier for people to post their preference when to meet at the park parking lot. Since noone has posted a preference, I put forth a suggestion via travel/arrival times. If those that are camping, and have experienced the real world time of when we actually roll out (ahem, Bob) want to start so early, then we can acquiese.

Last edited:
Last time I went there, I got out around 4:30 AM. Lynn is there at 6:00AM I think. I can't remember the time we left fot trails from the entrance. But the earlier is better :D.

BTW: guys, there 30% chance of rain all weekend long at RC. That usually means on and off rain but coudy all the time. I don't know what's your plan, for those of you that are planning on camping. But the trails are mostly wet and muddy in this time of the year anyway. Between snow and rain. I staty away from mud by all means, unless I really have to get in it to get out. Anyway, I hope the weather changes in next few days but if it is going to rain hard all day long then I'm out.

Are we still meeting up for drinks tomorrow to discuss the trip... or to just drink ourselves silly?

i have a great friend from Phily coming to join us with his girlfriend. they want to by a Jeep, so we need to persuade them differently. He told me last night that this weekend should be beautiful... in the 70s. :bounce:

buy a Jeep :eek: ? Is he driving a cruiser? I hope you're right about the weather being in 70s and DRY :D

I'm planning to go up on Friday. See you there.

i am down with up on friday! :bounce2:

I wish we had better coordination between BBRC and CLCC. This wheeling trip conflicts with the BBRC run at Paragon this weekend. I'd love to wheel with CLCC, haven't seen a lot of my friends from up there in a long time, but already committed to the BBRC event. I won't be far away though, camping on site at Paragon. Weather looks good, I was thinking we would be the only lunatics camping when we made the reservation a few weeks ago and the temps were single digits!

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom