RST Suspension Forks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a fork I took off the wife's cheaper Specialized hardtail bike. It is an AXEL M comp whatever that is.

It was hardly used, the steering tube is 1 1/8" X 7 11/16" long. You can have it if you like.

I have a fork I took off the wife's cheaper Specialized hardtail bike. It is an AXEL M comp whatever that is.

It was hardly used, the steering tube is 1 1/8" X 7 11/16" long. You can have it if you like.

I have to take some measurements tonight, but I'm interested. Do you think it's worth it for you to ship? What color is it (only asking because the bike frame is an odd color)?

Decent fork, Manitou made, bit heavy but will work better than an RST. If he doesn't want it, the guy that runs the Mountain Bike Race Team for El Cerrito High School would love it, and you get a tax deduction.

it is funny that you use "your wife" and "hard tail" in the same sentence so often...:D

it is funny that you use "your wife" and "hard tail" in the same sentence so often...:D

:grinpimp: glad I didn't use full suspension :flipoff2:

I have to take some measurements tonight, but I'm interested. Do you think it's worth it for you to ship? What color is it (only asking because the bike frame is an odd color)?

I can figure out what the shipping cost is easy enough and you can just paypal or whatever that to us, if you are interested.

It has a black crown, chrome looking parts of the tubes, black boots and the rest is silvery gray. It is setup up for caliper brakes, but also has the bosses for disk..........BUT they are plugged and I do not know if it is tapped.

I was just told it's a 2002. I remember when he bought it...just thought it wasn't as long ago. The bike was a base model Marlin.

Nat, I'll PM you about the forks. Thank you.

I toasted my front fork earler and was really low on funds.. Bought a slightly used RockShox pilot fork.. Cheap/bottom of the line. It was rebuilt, had heavy duty springs and coils put in it.. About 4 lbs which is standard for most forks that arn't ultralight XC air forks.. Best part, $50 off ebay.. I looked (and still) look at it as "temporary" but it has been killer and is pretty solid actually and I have gotten a great year out of it. Even done some drops. I weigh about 220 and with this combo it is super solid, I dont even air it up, just run it.... This is a good option.. Check on MTBR.com they have a section just for fork/suspension questions. Hope it helps.. Andre

I toasted my front fork earler and was really low on funds.. Bought a slightly used RockShox pilot fork.. Cheap/bottom of the line. It was rebuilt, had heavy duty springs and coils put in it.. About 4 lbs which is standard for most forks that arn't ultralight XC air forks.. Best part, $50 off ebay.. I looked (and still) look at it as "temporary" but it has been killer and is pretty solid actually and I have gotten a great year out of it. Even done some drops. I weigh about 220 and with this combo it is super solid, I dont even air it up, just run it.... This is a good option.. Check on MTBR.com they have a section just for fork/suspension questions. Hope it helps.. Andre

Cool, glad to hear that worked out. I'm going to take some measurements tonight, and hopefully I can take Nat up on his generous offer. The rigid forks are really beating the crap out of me on the technical stuff I'm starting to do. I'm on a budget right now as well.

Also, a trick for rigid bikes is to get super wide tires and run them at lower air pressures (a 2.5" tire at 30-35 psi for example) to take some of the bite out of the bumps. You just have to be careful with runnign lower pressures as you can flat easier.

Also, a trick for rigid bikes is to get super wide tires and run them at lower air pressures (a 2.5" tire at 30-35 psi for example) to take some of the bite out of the bumps. You just have to be careful with runnign lower pressures as you can flat easier.

I was just going to suggest the same thing. A good all around tire like the WTB MutanoRaptor 2.4 can be found for $25 per piece. Run them at 35psi and feel the cush.

I run big tires on all my bikes, the skinniest I have are on the tandem, and that is because it is ridden mostly on the road and hardpack fireroads. Those are a true 2.1.

I do this too, I run 2.4 tires usually.. I run WTB Motoraptors that are killer. I'm on an aluminum hard tail that bangs me around pretty good. But I can hang with the big boys with full suspension because of the 2.4s... Been running a Panaracer Fire FR 2.4 in the front for the last month which is one of the beefiest baddest tires I have run. In some stuff and super technical it is just killer and rock solid, but it slides out a little easier on the corners and especially in loose stuff.. But sure is cool looking :) My bike feels like a dirt bike with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom