RR Pioneer platform and RTT's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jlm43

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have any experience mounting a roof top tent to a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform side rails? The Yakima Skyrise is the tent of choice as it will only be used a handful of times per year and never below freezing. I've seen where it can be a pain to mount to platforms as it was made to be mounted to crossbars. What's the consensus on mounting a RTT to the side rails of the Pioneer? Or are the cosmetic only.

*I've posted this in the 100 section as well but thought I might get more answers here.

A 5 plank (56” width) Pioneer Platform has about 28” between planks. What is the distance between the 2 mounting rails on the tent that run front to rear? that will determine need to modify the rack.

I was planning to go with the 76x54 Pioneer platform with the additional side rails. The yakima skyrise uses adjustable clamps for grabbing standard yakima or thule crossbars. I was hoping that the Pioneer side rails would be strong enough to mount the RTT to as the skyrise feet should grab them. If not, I may have to come up with something different for mounting feet. The Yakima attachment feet would make for an easy on or off procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom