Rotw: Fowldarr (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, It's my turn, I have to start by saying how humbled I am by some of the other ROTW entries. I was really hoping to have more done on my cruiser before my turn came up. The computer with all my good wheeling pics died, I have a friend trying to resurrect them, and I will hopefully post them up tomorrow. I do have a few "poser" shots though. It is an 84 FJ60. The story goes something like this.

I bought a beautiful 88 fj62 a few years back, single owner car, not a spot of rust, 150,000 miles. About a month after I bought it, a fellow motorist ran a stop sign and plowed into the side of it at about 45 mph. The insurance company totaled it. I knew that I wouldn't have time to fix it because I was still working on my Masters. So I waved goodbye when the tow truck picked it up. The insurance money paid off some bills, but there was enough left over to by my current cruiser. I had to drive it 300 miles home, and she made it. She was not as pretty as my 88, but she would do for now. She had rust over the wheel wells, and has 290,000 miles. But she is still going. When my friend, a die hard Ford guy, gives me crap for driving a toyota, I just point at the ODO. (he had to rebuild his at 110,000)

Mods: I Herculined the lower portion of the truck this fall, I know Some people love it, and some hate it. I even saw somebody comment that it looked like people were trying to hide shoddy body work when they did that. (which is exactly why I did it, but I don't have anymore rust). Oh yeah, I also cut out all the rust and replaced it with new metal. This was done in my driveway, and gave me a really good excuse to by a compressor.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I blacked out the grill at the same time.

I'm most of the way done with my desmog, just need to tidy it up really you can see "My Desmog Thread" for more details DirtyToad and I did them at basically the same time, and it turned into a pretty good thread IMHO.

While my friend works on my computer, and tries to save my precious wheeling photos, I'll go get some night time pics.

More

When I first got her home Side.jpg

A side View

Side 1.jpg

Blacke out grill

blackout.jpg

So the rest of it will get painted up this spring, I have a buddy that manages a paint shop, but he's booked up through winter with some big projects, as soon as it slows down a little, I have the full run of his facilities. I'm going with solid blue, I loved the b lue with the white inset, but but blue, white, and black, and primer gray on top, just isn't working for me.

Future Plans:
She needs a little more altitude, don't you think? Maybe some bigger meats. She's not going huge, just up a little bit, so the wife and kids can get in and out. Then, I want to get some work done on the interior. I plan on driving it until the tired old 2f, finally implodes, or explodes, then giving her a heart transplant. Hopefully I'll have as much success as Iain'tscared, and have some power under the hood. Until then, I plan on sending of the carb and dizzy for a rebuild to Jim C. I always try to do everything myself, but that just feels like something I should leave the "the man".
Side.jpg
Side 1.jpg
blackout.jpg

Last edited:
I for one like the bed-lined trucks, but maybe that is cause it is in my future (lots of rust to deal with). Looks to me like you did a nice clean job of it. :cheers:

Have you been working on the driveway marking?

Sorry for the original loss and admiration for gaining another vehicle of the same species. Gaining a B.S. years back, I know what it takes to sacrifice time into something you did (gaining another vehicle), and the money to fix it up, it can be very difficult. Kudos and Lookin good.

I like the blue and white thing, but I do understand the dilema after the liner goes on!
How much altitiude are you looking to gain? What are your plans for that?
Its hard for a ford guy to argue with that kind of mileage on the ODO!
Kinda cuts him off at the knees.

Nice rig! Cant wait to see what you come up with as the years progress!

Chicago

Fowldarr,
I dig the liner-over-shoddy-bodywork. I'm thinking of doing the same, but gotta get my shoddy bodywork done first!

Nice rig, and cuddos for hanging with a diverse croud. I have a Ford friend too. He just can't help himself!

Later,
Butt

If my friend isn't able to rescue the pics, I'm trying to round some guys up to go do some winter wheeling tonight. (What I won't do for you guys), just to get some pics that aren't in my driveway. Thanks for the kind words. I'm all set up for the bedliner, so I'm happy to help out if you wanna come down to Idaho. (At last count there are 4 other 60's in town, and I don't know any of them).

As far as altitude, I keep going back and forth. I would love to go OME, but the AAL is so much cheaper. We'll have to see what the funds provide. That will also be done in my driveway. (My neighbors love me)

bummer about the og cruiser. looks as though you have a good start and a good plan for this one though. good luck with your masters it will pay off in the end.

clint

There is another blue and white one here in town, Owned by a guy that used to own a cruiser shop, It's a lot prettier than mine and occassionally goes up for sale, but he never actually sells it. (Not for lack of interest. I'll try to snap some pics of it too, I know where it's at.

No apologies needed for this rig. Look's good now and will look great later. Really like that blacked out grill.

The problem is it is too cold, and the garage is too small.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom