Rooting phones (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would really like to remove all the bloat ware on my Samsung Galaxy s5 active, it's on ATT . There has to be somone that knows how to root these. I'm not interested in just hiding it in a folder either.

Buy a Motorola or Essential phone on eBay or Best Buy.
Pretty much any phone can work on any network these dayz.

Andy ... the S5 can take a SIM card. Get the big SIM card, save all your contacts to it, then do the factory data reset and never update it. I did this on my S5 for years before I finally got a new phone last year.

Not really super excited about either idea so far. @Cass007 may be on to somthing but that sounds like I may miss out on security updates that way.

I just know I was able to keep my phone running fast by doing this every so often. Not doing the updates seemed to help with extending the battery life. Not really sure what the security updates would be, most apps have access to just about everything in your phone and the NSA and FBI have copies of everything you've even done on it. Hi feds :flipoff2:

Creepy thing to me when I got my new phone was Verizon was able to download my past 60 days of text messages into the new phone. They have it all on a server somewhere. I store nothing on the cloud either.

I finally gave up and got the S8 Active. I would have much rather rooted my 5 and done base android updates but reading how to do it was like trying to understand the wiring diagram of a McLaren P1 (all the wires are bundled together and the same color...)

I put a big SD card in mine and tried to move everything I could to it including contacts and Apps, but every time an app updated it would remove it from the card and put it back on the phone and it was aggravating.

I wish I could help Andy, I've even asked a few of my more tech savy friends at I kind of get the shut mouth fast shake of the head no like run for the hills lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom