Roof Rack Storage Bag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have this one https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...oxes-bags/front-runner-transit-bag-large.html

Works wonderfully and its not terribly tall. Durable, mostly water proof, depends on the downpour.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...er-dust-proof-travel-rooftop-monsoon-bag.html

Another option, I haven't used this one personally, I'm waiting for a bit smaller of a size to come out.

I really dig that setup with the cub containers. Pretty slick and functional. How do they mount to the rack?

I really dig that setup with the cub containers. Pretty slick and functional. How do they mount to the rack?
I have a Front Runner rack which makes it pretty easy, I use their tie down rings and ratchet straps. The bag itself has slots that the straps run through, they have them in both vertical and horizontal configurations so you can do what's best for your rack.

You could use ratchet straps and loop around any rack bar really.

I have a Front Runner rack which makes it pretty easy, I use their tie down rings and ratchet straps. The bag itself has slots that the straps run through, they have them in both vertical and horizontal configurations so you can do what's best for your rack.

You could use ratchet straps and loop around any rack bar really.

Slightly related -- care to snap a pic of how you have stuff arranged on your FR roof rack?

IMG_0321.jpg
Slightly related -- care to snap a pic of how you have stuff arranged on your FR roof rack?

I have to dig a little more to find one with the bag. Hang tight. But this is my usual set up sans bag.

So this first image is a big odd just because I had to magyver a fuel can solution due to leaking cans so usually those are on the plate you see on the roof. This is how I normally tie down the bag though.

The last two offer alternate ways I've attached mine and positioned it. Really my roof storage set up changes for every trip. Also in the last two I was needing to accommodate more items due to the fact I was moving.

The original image in my first reply is how I usually have things set up for my trips, I only use my rack for fuel, Maxtrax and sometimes a hi-lift. This last trip I added the capability of easily attaching an action packer to the top, I'll probably stick with that set up now, give some extra space in the truck.

IMG_7581.JPG
IMG_6364.JPG
IMG_6928.JPG

Thanks for the quick reply!

Been needing to redo my roof storage layout. Probably going to mount my maxtrax vertically, drill holes in my hi-lift base and mount it up there too, and eventually add a bag for my tent, tarp, and other lightweight items that are perpetually wet in the PNW.

I had to take another glance at your 2nd photo at what I thought was a CB antenna on your front bumper.... that suspiciously looks like a sign post :hillbilly:

Back on subject:

I'm with you on the Monsoon bag. Great looking product, but I want one a bit smaller. May use a spare North Face duffel as an interim solution.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Been needing to redo my roof storage layout. Probably going to mount my maxtrax vertically, drill holes in my hi-lift base and mount it up there too, and eventually add a bag for my tent, tarp, and other lightweight items that are perpetually wet in the PNW.

I had to take another glance at your 2nd photo at what I thought was a CB antenna on your front bumper.... that suspiciously looks like a sign post :hillbilly:

Back on subject:

I'm with you on the Monsoon bag. Great looking product, but I want one a bit smaller. May use a spare North Face duffel as an interim solution.

When I was chatting with the FrontRunner folk it seemed like there would be smaller bags, just not sure on the time frame for that :/

That rack looks good. I think the bags I have would work well on something like that. The only down fall is the zipper on the bags I posted is in the middle of the bag. I wish they went full zip around the whole bag; it would make loading bigger items easier. Even so, I like the low profile.

I agree, it will be interesting to see what FrontRunner comes out with in a smaller size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom