Rock Warrior Wheels - Elongated Bolt Hole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I've been benefiting from all of your wisdom over the years while troubleshooting issues on my '99 and '06 (sold) 100's - thank you! I was intending for my first post to link around to helpful posts over the years with my observations but here I am needing help.

The tread on the '99 100 is low and figured I could upgrade the look with bigger nicer wheels. I found some Rock Warrior wheels and knew I would need spacers and didn't pay attention to the lug nuts though I realize now.

In my excitement I overlooked that one of the wheels was likely driven with loose lug nuts because the bolt holes (not sure that's what its called) are elongated. I know I know - rookie, noob etc... The picture is below.

The tire shop that sold me these offered to fill & drill that wheel. I am hoping some of you can weigh on whether I should go for that, or use it as spare if possible and start looking for a new rim. If that's the case I may even just call it a loss for now since I need new tires sooner than later. Thanks!

Fill and re-drill!
Thank you. Have you done that before - is there anything I should look out for? I just had never heard of it, I found a youtube from a company in Atlanta that does that, and pictures from a job gone wrong nearer to me in Los Angeles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom