Rock Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NeverGiveUpYota

Dare me.
Threads
I'm back in the ownership of a 60. This one is in mint shape. Its a big step up for me and my son can't even monkey his way in... I want rock sliders but as a pricey more functional choice over a simple step up.
Reading more than maybe I've needed too... First I'll ask, anyone have any used? Second, pondering buying tubing and begging off help to bend and weld what I'd like. Its gotta be cheaper to fab your own over buying prefab right?

Yes if you already have the bender, notcher, welder and skills it can be cheaper. Since you would be relying on some you may want to look at something prefabricated and ask for help welded them to the truck. When I built my cage I borrowed a bender and notcher and gave it a shot without ever having done it before. I was very happy with the results. It was not that hard.

I'm back in the ownership of a 60. This one is in mint shape. Its a big step up for me and my son can't even monkey his way in... I want rock sliders but as a pricey more functional choice over a simple step up.
Reading more than maybe I've needed too... First I'll ask, anyone have any used? Second, pondering buying tubing and begging off help to bend and weld what I'd like. Its gotta be cheaper to fab your own over buying prefab right?
Welcome Back!! Congratulate you with new 60!!

I have some Slee sliders that I bought for my Fj62 10 years ago. It ended up with so much rust and trail rash from VT woods that I never bothered mounting them. So, they're "new in box". They're extremely stout and well made as anyone who's familiar will attest. They attach to the frame with heavy duty brackets. PM me if you might be interested. They were ~$750 new.

Bill

I have some Slee sliders that I bought for my Fj62 10 years ago. It ended up with so much rust and trail rash from VT woods that I never bothered mounting them. So, they're "new in box". They're extremely stout and well made as anyone who's familiar will attest. They attach to the frame with heavy duty brackets. PM me if you might be interested. They were ~$750 new.

Bill
any chance you still have those slee sliders? they discontinued them and they're what I've been looking for. I have theirs on my 80 and love them. always been looking for a set for my 62. PM me if so.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom