Road trip van (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,
During this quarantine all of my friends and I have decided that at the end of Summer we’re going to take a two week long road trip out west, hitting Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado. Because we’re all 19 or 20 and there’s 9 of us going, we figured the best idea might be to buy a 15 passenger van, drive it across the country and back, then sell it. We’re too young to rent and there’s too many of us for 1 car so we think this might be best.

We found old 95 E350 for 3,500 dollars in Winston Salem and we’re thinking about going to look at it. It’s only got 105,000 miles on it, and it looks like it’s been taken care of.

So my question is, do y’all think this would be the best plan for us? Also, if anyone out in Winston Salem is bored and interested in helping me check it out and assess it’s value, that would be greatly appreciated. My car knowledge is ok but I know people on here have far more than I do.

Thanks guys

I had a few friends do the same thing in the late 90s. I didn't go with them because I was away that summer, but it worked out for them fine enough.

There are always what ifs and other things and you would need to figure it insurance etc.

Just get it inspected before hand

Psha. Bro. I’ll hook you up cheap!!
image.jpg

*object in picture is bigger than it appears

Last edited:
Just put some thick carpets down so you don't fall through the floor on your way west :lol:

This reminds me of some of my buddies in the mid 90's (they were a few years older than me) that would pile up into there 4x4 80s suburban and drive the length of mexico from east coast to west coast to Baja to go surfing. They would do a month at a time. I always wanted to go with them but I was too young and broke. haha

This reminds me of some of my buddies in the mid 90's (they were a few years older than me) that would pile up into there 4x4 80s suburban and drive the length of mexico from east coast to west coast to Baja to go surfing. They would do a month at a time. I always wanted to go with them but I was too young and broke. haha

One of my friends had an 80s 4x4 suburban diesel. It was his dads when we were kids (might be where my love of suburbans started) we would load that thing up and drive into the desert or beach all the time. Last time I talked to him his family still had it. Had something like 500k on it before they replaced the motor. He said it doesn't get driven much anymore but he thinks its somewhere near 600k now.

Good memories

My old blue suburban just passed 400k still on original trans and motor. Guy just replaced the injection pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom