Ride quality of Ironman suspension on a stock LC/LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The front passenger shock on my 03 LX has a small leak. I have not seen it getting any worse in the one year that I had the LX. But I had decided that when it is time to replace the shock, I will have the whole AHC taken out and go with either OME or Ironman.

This Thanksgiving, I purchased the Ironman Performance with Nitro Gas Shocks kit and the 660lb springs as the price was too good to pass up.

This is my DD and I currently dont have any plans of getting and front and rear bumpers. I might put on some sliders but I dont think that will add much to the weight.

Now I like the ride with the AHC on firm and the tires at 40 psi (Nitto Terra Grapplers in 275/70R18). And at the moment, I am not looking for anything firmer/harsher than that and I dont think my wife would love it either.

So wanted to check to see if anybody on MUD is running the Ironman on a stockish LC/LX and what do they think of the ride.

The few people that have this setup also have the bumpers and the winch and like the ride very much. But my concern is that I will not have the weight to help out with the ride.

TIA

Last edited:
You should get in touch with the guys at ACC. They are an Iron Man distributor and I'm sure they've got some insight on the matter.

Which springs did you get? Up to 660lb or up to 880lb? Are you running stock Michelins? Lots of factors to consider when talking about ride quality.

Updated the OP.. I got the 660 lb springs and also I run Nitto Terra Grapplers in 275/70R18.
Which springs did you get? Up to 660lb or up to 880lb? Are you running stock Michelins? Lots of factors to consider when talking about ride quality.

Last edited:
I plan on going with the Ironman because of the positive ride reviews along with the fact the Eli is a good guy. I will be running a bumper with winch. You can always soften up the ride a bit by lowering your tire pressure. Check the door sill for the recommended pressure, I think its somewhere around 28 up front and 29 in the rear, seems low so I currently run 38 psi. Also, make sure you dont crank the front up so far that you dont get the proper amount of down travel, that will kill your ride.

Think you have my response in PM...but the springs are good for 660lbs over stock springs...and the ride is very similar to that of AHC in SPORT mode...it is firm but not brutal...and holds in corners much better.

I think you will love it....I know I do.

Brock- Glad to hear you're still loving your setup. How does the suspension react when you blast through a big speed bump at say 15-20 mph? Does it soak it up like nothing?

Think you have my response in PM...but the springs are good for 660lbs over stock springs...and the ride is very similar to that of AHC in SPORT mode...it is firm but not brutal...and holds in corners much better.

I think you will love it....I know I do.

Yup.. Got your PM.. Thank you..

I just wanted to see if somebody had these on a stock LC/LX. I am going to keep them but it is gonna be a while before I get them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom