RG7 GX460 Journal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ If you don't have a buddy to help either hold or cut, you're going to want some kind of jack to hold up the bumper.
Plan to go through several rounds of trimming and fitting, then pulling everything off and trimming again. This is the tedious part.
Also keep the fasteners loose enough to wiggle the bumper until you have all the bolts/nuts/fasteners in place and aligned where you want. Once I was happy with my cuts, I wasted a bunch of time tightening the passenger side. Then realized I had to undo everything to get the driver's side lined up.
Yeah this.... I used a floor Jack which was slightly precarious but worked out ok.

Post pictures! Want to see it on that blue

Yeah this.... I used a floor Jack which was slightly precarious but worked out ok.

Post pictures! Want to see it on that blue

Here you go. I used several floor jacks as well. Found that pre-installing the fairlead gives a leverage point to tilt the front plane perpendicular and get it tucked up properly into the grille while the rest is supported with other jacks/stands

IMG_3850.jpeg

Install turned out pretty good. I have very similar notes to everyone else who’s done a write up on this piece so nothing else to add there.

I will say that after running Hagerman pass the fascia has shifted and will require substantially more trimming on the bottom than what I’ve done. No biggie overall though.

Truck has performed flawlessly and is in a really good spot for the time being. We just completed a 4400 mile road trip and it was stellar offroad and extremely comfortable/quiet on road, despite the lift, tires, crossbars etc.

We completed most of the northern half of the Colorado BDR while we were out west and the trail was really cool. Less difficulty than I would have liked on the northern section, but would highly recommend any of the BDR’s for anyone looking for a good 5-7 day trail.

IMG_3851.jpeg

Walked out of my hotel one morning to see a friend parked next to me. Kinda neat to see how far the truck has come in a year.

IMG_3834.png

IMG_3852.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom