Review - storage/sleeping platform from Mountain Passes Off-Road (Steve Foltz) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw some forum posts about Steve’s platform (Mountain Passes Off-road. - https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Passes-Off-road-198636867631758) earlier this year, so figured I’d give it a try in my 2006 GX470. I want to keep my gear that I store in the back from becoming projectiles should I get in a wreck and I want to be able to sleep in the back when camping.

I messaged Steve on Oct 15 2020 via his Facebook page, sorted out what color the carpeting on the platform should be, paid for the platform and began patiently waiting. Steve texted me a couple times during his build process to keep me updated.

I got the FedEx package on Dec 28 2020 and installed it in my GX right away. Everything arrived in good condition, Steve clearly put a lot of effort into protecting his work with smart packaging. Easy install - just lift it into the back of the truck and click into the rear seat mounts. Screw the included bolts/legs into the bottom of the platform and that’s it.

Here are some pictures of it installed and the sleeping “bridge” pieces laying on top of the platform. Now it’s time to properly organize my gear that’s under the platform and get out to do some camping.

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6937.jpg

I saw some forum posts about Steve’s platform (Mountain Passes Off-road. - https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Passes-Off-road-198636867631758) earlier this year, so figured I’d give it a try in my 2006 GX470. I want to keep my gear that I store in the back from becoming projectiles should I get in a wreck and I want to be able to sleep in the back when camping.

I messaged Steve on Oct 15 2020 via his Facebook page, sorted out what color the carpeting on the platform should be, paid for the platform and began patiently waiting. Steve texted me a couple times during his build process to keep me updated.

I got the FedEx package on Dec 28 2020 and installed it in my GX right away. Everything arrived in good condition, Steve clearly put a lot of effort into protecting his work with smart packaging. Easy install - just lift it into the back of the truck and click into the rear seat mounts. Screw the included bolts/legs into the bottom of the platform and that’s it.

Here are some pictures of it installed and the sleeping “bridge” pieces laying on top of the platform. Now it’s time to properly organize my gear that’s under the platform and get out to do some camping.

View attachment 2538162

View attachment 2538163

Does the rear of the platform lift up to access your stuff underneath?
You can see a hinge on the main platform...seems to me that the rear-most piece hinges up and over so that one can access the contents underneath.

I'm happy with it so far. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Steve keeps the prices on his Facebook page, so I'd recommend checking there for current pricing.

I got 4 Front Runner "wolf pack" bins for storage organization, they fit really well in a 2x2 grid arrangement. (Wolf Pack - by Front Runner - https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/storage-systems/boxes-bags/front-runner-wolf-pack.html)

The main platform does have a hinge so that the rear-most piece can swing up and lay down on the piece in front of it. This allows easy access to whatever is underneath the platform.

A nice feature of this platform is how easy it is to remove. I needed to put my 3rd row seats in recently and it wasn't a big deal to do it. Unclip the storage platform, pull it out, remove all my wolf pack storage bins, then clip in the seats. At the end of the day I put it all back together. Maybe 5 minutes work start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom