Retrofit 60 headlights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Can anyone point me to the direction in terms of parts needed to retrofit my headlights? I have 62 ugly square lights and would like to swap them out with 60's round ones.

I know there are the headlight assemblies, signals, and grille. Are these interchangable? Will I have to make modifications to the 62's fenders?

Please advise...

Find someone that is parting out there 60 and the front is still good and take all the parts you need from it. Also the fenders are the same.

johnny4ever said:
Lots of 60's for sale. The best way would be to buy a 60.

Buy a 60 to swap out headlight assemblies:confused:
:eek:
Go to Cruserparts.net. They have the grill and headlight assemblies relatively cheap.
Funny, I was JUST ON THERE looking for the same reason.
Though I need a new pss side rear door too...

Chicago

I like the round headlights better as well, but not for any good reason.

You don't need the fenders, but you also need to use the front valance from under the grille, as well as the radiator support/light buckets.

Exiled said:
You don't need the fenders, but you also need to use the front valance from under the grille, as well as the radiator support/light buckets.

Thanks for the interesting post. I thought my guess was leading me the right direction. That is exactly what I want to do. As for all the 'buy a 60 and swap posts'...:shotts:

Brian

you'll pretty much need the entire front end from a 60. everything is diffent.

1988 said:
Thanks for the interesting post. I thought my guess was leading me the right direction. That is exactly what I want to do. As for all the 'buy a 60 and swap posts'...
Brian

I really do hate the "Zot flogging the dead armadillo" anim.

I have an Idea.
Just get a project 60 series, drop the tranny, t-case and shafts then pull the engine and replace em all with the 62 organs.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom