Replacement radiator for LJ78 2LTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love working on my LJ78, but lately it has been more in the workshop than its natural habitat :)

My current radiator (aftermarket) has an issue with the drain plug. I have replaced the o-ring and added some threadseal tape, but it was still leaking like crazy. I ended up adding 2 o-rings and that helped a little, but still dripping.

Also, the bottom outlet pipe is just 15mm away from the power steering pump pully and has been dangling there when I bought the truck. Not ideal and the old pipe had some cut marks in it. I have replaced the pipes, but still cautious. As per the LJ78 diagrams, both pipes should be on the passenger side.

I reached out to a local New Zealand shop today and the service was awesome! However they can only source a direct fit copper radiator and my preference is aluminum.

The only alternative I could find was the one in the link, but not sure about the manufacturer. There are good and bad reviews on these radiators: FOR Toyota Land Cruiser LJ70/71/73/77/78 2LTE 2.4TD 90-93 AT aluminium radiator | eBay - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274288432359?hash=item3fdcdd54e7:g:Q~4AAOSwHr1eV9k2&frcectupt=true

Any suggestions on alternatives for a compatible aluminum radiator where both pipes are on the passenger side?

Your wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

in my experience with aluminium radiators , they are good for the odd track car , bush truck but for durability you cant beat the copper/brass combo-heck these will last the life of vehicle if properly maintained, i have no end of leaks with my crap aluminium radiator, I've almost given up welding up all the holes that keep appearing, I'm replacing it soon with the factory plastic tank radiator
my near 40 year holden still runs the factory untouched brass/copper radiator and the car gets a lot of track use
the factory radiator should have no issues cooling down the motor no matter what load its under

in my experience with aluminium radiators , they are good for the odd track car , bush truck but for durability you cant beat the copper/brass combo-heck these will last the life of vehicle if properly maintained, i have no end of leaks with my crap aluminium radiator, I've almost given up welding up all the holes that keep appearing, I'm replacing it soon with the factory plastic tank radiator
my near 40 year holden still runs the factory untouched brass/copper radiator and the car gets a lot of track use
the factory radiator should have no issues cooling down the motor no matter what load its under
Thank you. I have decided to go with the copper radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom