Replacement M100 axle suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I've gotten nowhere with a direct replacement for the axle on one of my M100 trailers. (It has a bent spindle and a scored spindle from a spinning bearing.)

All the replacement axles I've seen locally are 5 on 4.5, or larger 8-lug.

Where are you guys finding replacement axles that you can specify other bolt patterns? I'd like to keep it with a jeep bolt pattern 5 on 5.5.

A secondary issue I'd like to keep mechanical (cable) parking brakes, but it appears the choices are no brakes or electric brakes.

I'm pretty sure you can still get brakes, a handbrake option and that bolt pattern with a Dexter axle.

I'd call Redneck Trailer Supply in the morning and give them the wish list.

I checked Dexter suppliers locally and they all said 5 on 4.5". Hmmm.

5 on 5.5 is a standard hub size that Dexter has available, hub kit part number is K08-256-90. With the parts suppliers I use, 5 on 4.5 is the standard pattern they carry, 5 on 5.5 is a special order. On sure on the brakes, I've never seen provisions for a parking brakes on Dexter's 10" hydraulic brakes.

Have you sourced out asking for guys doing builds on military ales and having perfectly good military axles lying around the garage? I have located a couple this way for parts on some of my trailer projects.n Stat a thread "looking for m100 axles"....you may be surprised by what you find

Where are you guys finding replacement axles that you can specify other bolt patterns? I'd like to keep it with a jeep bolt pattern 5 on 5.5.

A secondary issue I'd like to keep mechanical (cable) parking brakes, but it appears the choices are no brakes or electric brakes.

IIRC, the Dexter (downloadable PDF) catalog shows the variety of patterns available; it also lists a manual parking brake feature coupled with electric brakes.

Womac at Expedition Oops has a 416 axle laying around. Get in touch with him. We also put a Dexter on his trailer and it has surge brakes and a hand brake connection. $400. They do not make the hub to fit the millitary wheels so you are sol if you want to do that. Get the hub to match your truck and get new wheels and tires is your only option. Good luck.

The shipping from Minnesota wouldn't be cheap.

With the end of summer, I'm not in any itchin' hurry. If an M100 axle doesn't materialize then I'll probably fabricate something, and use the salvageable parts as spares for my other M100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom