Removing Wiper Link Assembly - LJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a previous post regarding the rebuild of my wiper motor - LJ78 Wiper Motor - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lj78-wiper-motor.1243805/

Know I know why it burnt out :)

I need to remove the wiper assembly (85160) as this will also need to be inspected due to being stuck.

What is the best way to remove this? Do I need to take the internal dashboard out to remove the assembly or is the whole where the motor sit big enough to pull it through?

Keen to get some thoughts on this.

1627630601179.png

The assembly looks pretty much like the hdj80 one which can be pulled out of the hole, where the linkage mount to the motor.

Oh no, You dont have to remove the dashboard or the bonet. Remove the nut holding the wiper. Then, with the bonet opened, use a very short screw drivers to unfasten the 6 philips screws holding the metal cover. Then remove the motor - 3 bolts. When you remove the motor, there is a kind of ball joint from the motor bracket attached to the linkage. You just have to pull it out to detach. Then, unfasten the 3 +3 bolts holding the linkage. Then , you can take the linkage off.

Oh no, You dont have to remove the dashboard or the bonet. Remove the nut holding the wiper. Then, with the bonet opened, use a very short screw drivers to unfasten the 6 philips screws holding the metal cover. Then remove the motor - 3 bolts. When you remove the motor, there is a kind of ball joint from the motor bracket attached to the linkage. You just have to pull it out to detach. Then, unfasten the 3 +3 bolts holding the linkage. Then , you can take the linkage off.
Thank you. All went well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom