Removing front Bumper HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to remove the front bumper. It is held in place with some nuts and bolts to gussets that are attached to the frame which are relatively easy to remove. Unfortunately I also need to remove the steel gussets that are attach to the frame as the winch bumper I have bought bolts directly to the frame, no gussets needed. The gussets are held in place by what looks like BIG rivets with no slots and the heads are round on each end and don't allow the use of a wrench of any kind. Any idea how these need to be removed or do they need to be cut away. (if they are indeed big rivets I will have to drill them out I guess) Thanks.

i cut the tops off mine with a torch and impact chiseled them out or hit them with the punch. you can try taking a grinder to the tops of them. is this the big winch bumper from sooke?

no i would drive by that truck every morning and think i should stop by and tell him about the club. now i don't see the truck at his work anymore.

Yah I told him about the club. He has a BJ60. Thanks for everyone response BTW. Ken swung by and took a look. I'll give it a go this weekend see if we can get get it done.

i usually grind the rivet heads off and then bet thm out with a 3lb sledge and a drift....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom