Removable overland rigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm currently debating on getting a LC, but have always wanted a pickup truck for general use. My issue is most overland pickup rigs seem so invasive that refitting to use the bed for a weekend would be more work than it's worth, so it pushes me back to wanting a LC.

I've tried to search info about people who have removable overland rigs, how they swap them out, how much trouble it is, etc. with no luck. Does anyone have any examples of cool overland rigs that don't completely render your bed useless for moving the occasional sofa or fridge? Or should I just accept that I will need a truck for truck things, and an overland vehicle for my camping? Any info would be appreciated.

What do you want to put into the bed for overlanding? I used a softop for years in my Tacoma so that I'd have a protected bed for storage and gear when traveling, but then I could fold up the canvas top if I wanted to load a dirt bike or a pile of mulch or whatever. So I think it's very doable, but unless you give more information about the scope of your build it is hard to answer the question.

I use a Warrior roof rack to attach my SB tent and a diamondback cover to keep some gear dry. It’s an aluminum cover and is rated to carry weight on top.

FFDBAACE-E8A1-47FC-BEBA-EEB31051C5A8.jpeg

E9CDB8EA-5CE3-4243-A20C-10B61E95BB0F.jpeg

Leitner designs setup is nice - you do loose a bit of width, but you can still load the bed up pretty well with stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom